New and scared...

iVillage Member
New and scared...
Fri, 02-06-2004 - 1:26pm

Hi,

I'm new here from the TTCAM board. I actually received my BFP two weeks ago, but I have been so scared to actually make this leap - only to have to leave. I figured if I post and get involved, it would be a good step to take.

I had a m/c on Halloween at 5w4d (actually, I am 5w4d today in this pregnancy and feeling a bit spooked). I also had a chemical pregnancy in December. I have a five-year-old son and a four-year-old daughter. I had a miscarriage between them as well.

I have been to the doctor's office a number of times for betas and for an ill-advised ultrasound earlier this week. I'm not sure why they ordered the ultrasound, but I went and was 5w1d at the time. The technician only saw a sac. She told us it didn't look good and she should see more for my stage. We had to wait 30 minutes to see a doctor. I was crying and so upset. Long story short, we went in to see the doctor and he said that 5w1d is too often too early to see more than a sac and my numbers looked good. He said we appeared to be in good shape. He ordered another beta - the results showed an almost tripling over the previous 48 hours. I go back for another ultrasound a week from today. I have had no spotting and lots of symptoms.

Here are my current numbers:

11 DPO
HCG 22
Progesterone 15.8

16 DPO
HCG 143

21 DPO
HCG 1,535
Progesterone 19.98

23 DPO
HCG 4,399

We so want this baby to stick. I wish I could relax a little bit more and not be so obsessive about things. I think the bad ultrasound experience really shook me up.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you (I see some familiar faces from TTCAM) and I hope I can stay for a while!

Molly
edd 10/04/04

http://circles2.fertilityfriend.com/home/35b7b

DH June 1997
DS 4/16/98
DD 10/13/99

~i~ 12/18/98 (7 weeks)
~i~ 10/31/03 (5 weeks)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2004 - 1:46pm
Hi Molly!!

Welcome to the board. :o)

I have to say that you are not alone in being reluctant to join the board. I too was so afraid to join, and even now get cold feet sometimes. I've been really starting to warm up to being here though. I'm 9wks 4d today, and my first u/s is a week away. (yea!!) I know I won't feel great about anything until I can see that everything inside is going as scheduled. :o) I still can't bring myself to join the Sept Expecting board. I lurk there all the time, and occasionally I throw in my 2 cents, but I'm afraid to get too comfortable there. Plus, most of the woman there are lucky enough to not have experienced loss like we have. I'm thinking that I will just stick to these boards. hahaha The ladies here are so wonderful, just as they are/were on the TTC board. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

I'm so sorry that you had that horrible u/s experience. That must've been so scary. I can't belive that they told you it didn't look good before even checking your numbers. I hope that they do better then next time you are there.

In the meantime, try not to worry to much, but also know that you are not the only one with daily worries. (you will see me whine in LOTS of posts here) hahaha

Look forward to hearing more from you in the future, congratulations and a big warm welcome again. (((HUGS)))

Tracy

edd 9/7/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2004 - 1:52pm
Molly..

Welcome to the board. I just wanted to say that your numbers look great and that at 5wk 6 days I went for an u/s and all that was there was a sac. Then I returned at 6wk 5 days and there was a baby and a heartbeat. Very freaky. But I wanted to saw your Dr. was right on the money saying with ALOT of people thats too early to see anything!

Hope to see you on these boards! I should add I have a daughter 2.5, and a m/c in August at 12 wks....

I post quite a bit.

Beth

21 weeks today

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2004 - 3:31pm
Dear Molly,

Welcome! I hope you are here until you are holding your little one in 9 months!

Ann

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2004 - 10:21pm
Yay, Molly! I have still been lurking on TTCAM to see who will be the next new batch of grads and noticed your BFP. Congrats, hoping you have a great 9 months!

Thats really mean of the u/s tech to tell you that it didn't look good. Heck, you are lucky to have SEEN the gestational sac.

Take care,

carie

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2004 - 2:35pm
Molly

congrats on your BFP. Your results are looking really good. I too had an early Us at 5W5D it scared me as well because the tech was so unsure of everything. She only seen a sac and a yolk. And now I am 21W 2Days now. So everything was fine. I can't really remember my HCG numbers. I think at 5w5D Iwas somewhere in the 4000s and around 9600 3 days later. So your results look good. Congrats.

Hugs,

Krista

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-08-2004 - 11:35am
Hi & Welcome!

That wasn't a bad ultrasound....that was a bad technician! My 5w3d u/s only showed sac....and measuring 5w3d! And that's all it was supposed to show! Your numbers look gr8!!! Here's to a happy, healthy, uneventful 35 more weeks here with us!

((((HUGS)))),

Dawn EDD 9/25

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 5:24pm

Hey Molly,

I remember you from TTCAM.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

^i^ 8/20/03

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-11-2004 - 11:34am
I know this is easier said then done but you really need to just calm down and take each day as it comes. I too had a miscarriage about a year ago and I am now pregnant again. The first 12 weeks were the hardest and I was so scared all the time even after I seen that little heart beating on the U/S screen. at about 7 weeks I started bleeding and had to go to the ER and I was sure I was having another MC but I didn't I had a tair in my uterus and all i needed was some Progesterone and bed rest. I made it through it and I am now almost 23 weeks it has been hard and I still worry but I realized if my worries control me then it will only make things worse. Don't consintrate on the bad consintrate on the good read about your baby and and what is going on with him or her and count the days till you can meet her and remember god won't give you more then you can handel. I hope to be of some help.

Dana edd 6-12-04

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2004 - 2:00pm
Hi Molly and congratulations! I recognize your name from the TTCAM board. I'm a TTCAM "graduate" also....I hit 15 weeks tomorrow.

I'm so happy you got a BFP!!! And understand that it is totally normal to be worried. I was a nervous wreck the first nine weeks, then I had an u/s, saw a live and kicking baby, and felt I could breathe alittle easier.

Your u/s tech. sounds like a dummy! What a thing to say to you.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you on this board. Again, congratulations!

Linda

EDD 08-06-04

Linda