Starting to stress

iVillage Member
Starting to stress
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 2:00am
Hi all,

I am the mum of three boys and last Oct had an unplanned pg that ended in m/c at 6 weeeks. I was upset but not devastated. We then decided to have another child (I had become used to the idea of having four) Fell pg first cycle and am now due 6th Oct. I was very anxious TTC but not so bad once I found out I was pg.

I lost the baby at exactly 6 weeks and tomorrow I will be exactly six weeks. I am extremely agitated and nervous. I have had morning sickness which today doesn't seem so bad (but could be my imagination). I was determined to enjoy every second of this pg even if it didn't last but am struggling at the moment.

Also I have read that most women that miscarry go on to have a normal pg-is this true? I feel once I get past six weeks I'll relax but I'm scared to do that too because it's a long time until the end of the first trimester.

Yvette

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 8:25am
Dear Yvette,

I feel your pain! I miscarried October 2003. I was 7w 6d. Today I am 7w 1d. I CAN'T wait to get past 7w 6d!!!!!! I'm so nervous! We both need to not stress. It doesn't help anything, we can't change anything by stressing. I woke up this morning with less m/s than I have been having. I think it is all in my head. I will be praying for us this week! (Thanks for the post, I needed to talk this through.)

Ann EDD 9-28

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 9:01am
I'm there with you. I m/c in October '03 at 10 weeks even though I found the baby had died at 6 weeks. I'm 6 wks 6 days and can't help but wonder if everything is still okay. I've had no morning sickness, but I am putting on weight. I've had some minor abdominal cramping and it's making me a nervous wreck not knowing if it's normal or not. I don't have another dr. appointment until March 12 and I'm not sure then if he will even try to listen for the baby's heart beat. I constantly feel like any moment it could be over. I keep telling myself to be rational and take it one day at a time and we all should, but it's really hard. I'll be thinking of you and hope you reach happy milestones!
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 9:36am
Yvette,

congrats on your PG. Your feelings are very normal. I admire you attempt to enjoy each and every min of the PG so early. I never reached that revelation until the 20 Week mark. LOL. being PG again after a loss is very stressfull and worrisome. But chances are that you and your baby will be ok. After 3 successful PG your body knows what to do. I have confidence that this baby will be just fine.

Extra dose of sticky baby vibes and H&H 9 months.

Krista

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 12:36pm
Yvette.....it certainly is true that once you miscarry you can go on to have healthy pregnancies!! I have had four previous losses and am now at 20w5d!!! Of course you're never fully sure of anything until you give birth to a healthy baby - I know there are a lot of women who have been past members of this board who have done just that!

Hang in there - try to relax as impossible as it is - this board is full of support and wonderful women. Talk to your doc about your anxiety and see if you can get in for a 7 week u/s - at least you'll see the heartbeat and have a little reassurance!!

*hugs* and sticky-baby-vibes to you

Maria

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2004 - 10:04am
Yvette,

HUGS! And welcome to the board. Congrats on your PG! I hope you are feeling well today and not too stressed. I hope you get through this time with a healthy baby.

I don't know actual numbers but I have heard that usually the chances that you'll have another m/c are very slim. I think that it's the same percentage as if you didn't have one earlier.

I'm also entering the time period that I lost my baby last time. If I can just get through the next 2 weeks, I'll feel so much better.

Good luck to you! SBV!!

Lynn

~8 1/2 weeks

edd 9/19