New here - due September (m/c ment)

iVillage Member
New here - due September (m/c ment)
Fri, 02-13-2004 - 9:10am

I am new here -- unfortunately I have been lurking on the September board but never posted because I have always felt like if I introduce myself or say that I am preg that I will jinx myself. So maybe this board could be good luck since we are all in the same boat.

I have had 2 m/c -- one in Sept 2001 and on Oct 2003. I was so lucky to have Vincent

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2004 - 10:12am
Congrats on your Pregnancy,

You have come to the right board. I enjoy this board much more that my EC board.

I am glad to hear that everything is progressing well with your PG and that you have seen the HB on the US that is always a relief. Don't worry about being 3 days off. Mine was off as well from what I thought but then I was 3 days ahead on 18 week US.

As for the doppler you are right it may be a little early to hear. Keep trying every few days and I am sure you will hear that lovely sound soon.

H&H 9 months.

Krista

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2004 - 10:40am
Welcome to the board! We are very supportive here. The first trimester is so scary after having a miscarriage ..I was just like you..and now, though I am 22 wks along, am still a worried wreck! Just wanted to say I couldnt hear the h/b until week 9 with the home doppler and that is way ealier..my tip to you would be to find it RIGHT above your pubic hair line..so so low. Thats where it is that early. Wait at least another week.

Hope that help...

Beth

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2004 - 11:39am
Hi, Penelope,

I hope this comes out as a positive rather than a negative - but at my 11 week appt my doctor was not able to find the heartbeat for more than about 2 seconds. Se was not at all concerned, and now I'm at about 13 weeks and have heard the heartbeat a couple of times (I'm having complications so I'm in to see the doctor at least once a week). So you're still pretty early yet... meaning, don't panic if you can't hear it, but we all know how insanely hard it is to wait for things at this stage of pregnancy.

Also, I've had 6 ultrasounds during this pg, and the dats have ranged pretty wildly - the latest I've heard for a due date is 8/22, the earliest is 8/14. There are just so many variables, what with the little critter squirming around and the technician might be just the tiniest bit off in measurements - at this stage, 1 mm makes a big difference!

So, please try to enjoy this pg as much as you can, but also know that everyone here totally understands how inevitable paranoid and worry are. Good luck, and hope your pg is healthy, happy and easy!

Kate

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-13-2004 - 3:41pm
Welcome, Penelope!

Congratulations! You will love it here. The women are all very wonderful and wise. They are very caring and always, always, take the time to reply thoughtfully to others' posts.

I, too, was too nervous to post on the EC board. I just was sure I'd be jinxing things. I was even afraid to post here until someone called for a roll call including lurkers. To this day, I do not go to the EC boards. When I here about some of the pettiness that happens there . . . well, I just didn't need that during trimester 1 when all I was doing was worrying.

Anyway, glad you're here with us. Post often. Vent often.

SBV and warm fuzzies to you!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-14-2004 - 5:43pm
I'm also due in Sept. I was due in 5/03 but found out at a 17-week appt that the baby had died at 14w. So I'm a nervous wreck too. I have two surviving triplets at home (almost 5 years old!) so at least that takes some of the stress and worry away - if I'm busy taking care of them, I'm not thinking about what could go wrong with the pg!

3 days is really nothing on an u/s. The little printouts I got from my OB say +/- 2 days on the bottom - so there is an acceptable range. My dates were pretty far off from what I had thought - my guess from LMP was that I was 9w1d, but I turned out to be 8w. The dr wasn't worried at all, since I've had problems with PCOS and my cycles have always been irregular.

I did rent a babybeat with the 5/03 pg and was only able to really hear the hb starting at 12 weeks. I mentioned to my OB that I might rent one again, just for peace of mind. She told me not to bother until 12 weeks because even SHE can't find the hb until then many times. Instead, I go in every 2 weeks for an u/s for my own reassurance.

My experience is that after 12 weeks, I could find the hb every time. When I couldn't find it at 14w1d, I thought maybe the baby had moved. Turns out I was wrong. So up until 12 weeks, don't stress about not finding it. But after that, if you go more than a few days without finding it, go in for a checkup. If nothing else it will reassure you that all is well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 3:48pm
I am also due in September. I have miscarried twice as well.

I have been worrying and fussing as well and my doctor told me that as long as they see the heartbeat to relax. It is too early to hear the heart beat so breath easy.

To make you feel better: I have been so paranoid about miscarrying that any tug, stretch or feeling in my abdominal area has caused me to panic.....hopefully you soon will hear the heartbeat and feel better