ROLL CALL 2nd trimester moms to be

iVillage Member
ROLL CALL 2nd trimester moms to be
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 1:33am

Are we out of the woods yet? Who is finally starting to relax a bit? Who is still in "denial"? We all are still worried i know that. Share your milestones and happy moments with the rest of the board. Second trimester is "the golden age" of pregnancy - are you feeling any better?

*hugs

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 1:46am

bummer, now i HAVE to post in a roll call LoL

19 weeks tomorrow and still feel sick (not as much but too much for second trimester LoL). I guess i have more energy now seeing how much i am doing at work but i really don't have time to think about that. Today was my day off and i am not going to see another one for another 4 - 5 weeks now. Unfortunately i don't have time to enjoy the pg or feeling baby move or just getting big. And i am still hiding in regular (oversized) clothes and i will be forced very soon to get "out" of hiding and everyone will be shocked how huge i am! Feel very stupid but i really doubt i will tell "my secret" before i see Dr next time at 21 weeks. Oh well

Hows everyone?

*hugs

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 8:52am
Katherine,

I can't believe that you have been able to hide the PG so long. I would be just busting to tell. LOL pardon the pun....

I am feeling better or I should say I was. The last week has been yucky. I thought I was comming down with a cold. but now I am not sure. I think it is all just PG symptoms. Shortness of breath and lightheadness and weak at times. I wan't that energy spurt that you are spose to feel in second trimester so bad but it seems I can only do so much then I have to relax. Oh well.

Other than that we are feeling more optimistic now. We are planning the nursery and picking our baby furniture. and starting to plan baby showers. yes I am having two. One in the town I live and one in my hometown. Had a family friend offer to make the curtains this weekend. so things are getting exciting. Hopefully it makes the time go faster. Also on Saturday I had someone notice I was PG with winter jacket on and all I was so excited.

Happy and Heathly PG to all.

Krista

EDD Jun 17/04

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 2:51pm

WOW Krista!

Things sounds so exciting! I am just jumping up and down in the office that's how happy I am for you! Enjoy it! Girl you so deserve it! (and yes I guess I have more energy if I am jumping LoL)

Well unfortunately as far as I remember from my past experiences "the energy spurt" does not lasts that long (definitely not the whole second trimester) and you do get more energy compared to earlier days but that's nothing compare to what you used to have. And the bigger you get the harder it gets. Shortness of breath, lightheadedness, getting exhausted very quick,

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 3:37pm
Hi everyone!!!!!!

Good to hear all you second trimester moms are doing great and feeling like I do..Krista I relate to the shortness of breath thing..I am sure I will be on bedrest with this one as with my daughter. As for being out of the woods..I dont think that day will come...until the baby is born..!!

Beth

22 weeks 4 days...

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 4:27pm

Hi Beth!

Glad you are doing well and I agree I will not feel out of the woods till baby is born (and I am not gonna stop worry then LoL). Why did you need to be on bedrest with your DD? Hope you don't have to this time, but if you do I hope it's not strict and not long (and baby is born H&H at appropriate time) and you will have access to computer so we can all "keep you company" Have great week!

*hugs

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 9:33am
Beth,

I hope that you don't have to get bedrest. I am sorry but I forget the exact reason was it due to high blood pressure? Bed rest has got to suck. More time to worry. When do you expect to go on bedrest. later in PG I hope. I haven't seen you post as much lately How are you doing? Are you more optimistic?

Best of Luck

Krista

EDD Jun 17/04

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 10:00am
Not out of the woods for me- I am feeling fine physically, but emotionally, still so scared! I keep thinking before each appt, ok, if we hear the HB, THEN I'll relax. Then I do, for about 10 minutes! I get semi-depressed between appointments, because I feel like I'm flying blind. At the beginning of your 2nd trimester, you're probably not m/s, boobs aren't sore, and you aren't feeling any movement yet. That's where I am- the terminal in between state. I'm not in maternity clothes yet, either. My next appt is March 1. And I'm already freaked out. Thanks for being there ladies, I'm hanging in there!

Love, Kendra

~i~ 5/31/01

18w 5d w/ #1

EDD 7/15/04

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 10:21am
Sorry Krista and others.. I have been swamped with my work. I am a "telecommuter"..meaning I work for my company (who is located in NYC)..so all my work is done over the internet. Its cool..I have really slow times and then really busy times...For those of you who asked...I was put on bedrest about two months before my due date. The ironic part about it is I was in AWESOME shape when I was pregnant two years ago..I mean really good shape (I was an avid runner).. And then, about month six, I couldnt even walk from my office at the time to the bathroom at my workplace. I was gasping for air. I never told anyone except my family and friends..and kept thinking..I shouldnt be feeling this bad?!?!? Then month 7 I started seeing black spots "float" in front of my eyes....I went in for my 8 month appt and the nurse took my blood pressure and was like WOW this has to be wrong!!! They let me rest 10 mintues ..re took it and it was still HORRENDOUS.. (all previous appt my blood pressure was normal). It was DANGEROUSLY high. The dr. said "thats it! your done!" I was like done with what? She said you are not to work anymore, clean, nothing..you are total bedrest for the reminder of the pregnancy or will put yourself in the postion of having a stroke!" And that was it. I ended up going into labor 2 wks earlier than my due date.

Beth

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 12:45pm
Beth,

I hope you dont' have to go through that again. My friend was similar she was on bed rest in and out of hospital for at least the last month. She is now PG again and they are monitoring her Blood pressure but so far so good. She is hoping not to have to go through it again. especially this time with a toddler. How old is your other child?

Working from home must be great. I would love to hook something like that, however we are not that advanced here in NL unless I start up my own business or something.

Krista

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 1:51pm

Hey Kendra!

Are you feeling any movements yet? Should be any day now:) That will hopefully ease your mind a little. Glad I am not only one still "paranoid". I broke down and went to the basement last night to get my old maternity clothes out. I went through endless boxes of baby stuff and figured I am NOT shopping for this one (boo hoo). Then I tried on a jacket I was planning to use for work (I was in it up till I delivered DS#2 and I was HUGE then) and it is just right! No room to grow. OMG LoL. Found a pair of pants though which are OK and seems I can use them few more months and the maternity jeans of course (which I probably wore all 5 times last pg - those things are NOTHING like real jeans LoL) are fine. Well I am going shopping when I'll find time (in April probably LoL) and I stayed in front of the mirror this morning looking at myself and then I put the darn VEST on again. AARRRRHHHH When will I feel better?

Are you finding the sex of the baby? When is your "big" u/s? Come chat with me on Sunday and I will be looking for your updates.

*hugs

Pages