ROLL CALL 3rd trimester moms to be

iVillage Member
ROLL CALL 3rd trimester moms to be
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 1:36am

Hooray to our "in home stretch" ladies!

How are you feeling? You are an inspiration and huge source of hope for everybody on this board. Tell us more we all can't have enough of your great updates. Are you ready to meet your miracle yet? Can you believe you are finally

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 1:27pm
Hi, Katherine!

Thanks for posting! I just got here to trimester 3. I am 28w2d. Diva is kicking furiously (yes, I am clocking the movements!) and I find myself singing "The Rainbow Connection" to her. I confess, I am happy. I'm also gargantuan. I don't know how I can continue to get so much bigger when I am not really gaining weight. (gained 1 lb @ last monthly appointment, but gained 1 inch on my waist). I sent my mom a picture of me in side view. My mom called and told me I looked like a very happy walrus. (thanks, mom. last time I dress in all black!)

Beloved and I are SOOOOOO not ready to meet our diva yet! We have about 6 books to read before then! We have gotten a crib loan, but it's not here yet. And we have gotten absolutely nothing. I really need to decide on a baby shower gift (office co-workers all give $10 and get a super-pricey gift). I'm thinking of a stroller, but at the same time, I think Beloved and I need to test drive them. So, maybe we should get a gift certificate? We're so lame. We start childbirth classes first week of March and boy do we need them!

Best to all and really looking forward to everyone posting this same post!

Alexeyev

PS, Any books recommended? I have What to Expect the First Year, Girlfriend's Guide, Sears' The Baby Book, Leach's Your Baby and Child, American Academy of Pediatrics' Your Baby's First Year and She's Having a Baby and I'm Having a Breakdown by James Douglas Barron for hubby.

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 4:22pm

Well you sound so busy!!!! Well all your and Krista's excitement starts to rub on me and maybe I will be ready "to face the world" in a couple of weeks LoL. Glad you and Diva are doing so well! Keep up being happy and excited! That's sure something for the rest of us to look forward too.

Now my two cents. (and that is just my PERSONAL opinion and I know you are open minded enough to handle it but for the rest of the board I really don't mean to offend anyone or "preach" my ways just my PERSONAL UNTYPICAL experiences) I think all the baby preparation / buying/ getting ready as in a mean of BUYING stuff is way overrated. There's way too much "hype" about it and that is just too confusing and stressful. I saw once estimate how much baby cost first year (for Canada mind you where medical care is free) and I am telling you I FELL OFF THE CHAIR literally! I have NO IDEA how they come up with such an outrageous amounts for "necessities". My first one was born four weeks premature and boy we WERE not ready! Luckily we just finished birth classes and had a chance to visit hospital, but we had NOTHING for the baby bought yet. We had absolutely NO MONEY at the moment and since I wasn't in a country even a year yet and have no family here there was no baby shower for me (yes I NEVER had a baby shower and I am not saying it for people to feel sorry for

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 10:37pm
Hi, my name is Misty Dawn. I am 33 weeks as of yesterday, and still in shock that in just a few weeks I'm going to have a baby! I have been posting here since I was about 7 weeks or so, and believe me I really never thought I would make it this far. When I went to my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days, I was calm and expecting to hear that there was no baby...but then I saw the heartbeat! A solid 165. I actually had a spark of hope at that point. But it wasn't even a week later that I got up from a nap and realized that my boobs weren't sore anymore, not even a little bit. Not only that, but they felt soft all of a sudden. Waaayy too soft. I called my husband at work crying and hysterical that I was having yet another m/c; the poor guy tried to calm me down with rational thoughts, like, "you're not bleeding", "call the doc tomorrow", but I was inconsolable. Then the next morning I woke up and they were sore and firm all over again. It was then I realized that I was going to lose my mind!

There've been a lot of ups and downs since then, right up to my spotting scare at 30 weeks, and yet he's still kickin' (literally, right now, kickin the crap out of me). And even today I was anxious because I didn't think he was moving around enough so I drank a dr. pepper just to get him going. Then I felt guilty for waking him up with a caffiene jolt just to ease my mind. So, 6-7 weeks from B-day and still nutso :)

But for all of you ladies that are waiting for the third trimester to roll around, I wish you the best. It really can happen. And when I find a way to get through even one day without worrying about the health of my son, I'll be sure and let you know what the trick is.

Lots of love,

misty dawn

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 11:33pm
I am couple days away from 34 wks and still completely in shock that I am about to have a baby! I do still get scared sometimes and poke my stomach to get movement, which comes as a huge relief. Feeling the movements is so reassuring. After all I have been through, or seen/heard others go through, I know there is never a guarantee, so I do get scared occasionally in the back of my mind, but the odds get better I guess, and I am not scared nearly as much as I was the first half of the pregnancy. I try to stay focused on the positive. I am really looking forward to having this baby. Kind of scared of the birth, its been a long time. But thats a temporary thing, and completely worth it in the end. I just never thought I would be here!

Wendy, edd ds#2 3/31/04

ds(6)

~i~'s (4/96 & 9/02)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 2:02pm

Misty Dawn!

Thank you very much for sharing your story with us. You have no idea how comforting and reassuring it is to read about somebody going through the same thing and being a success! That's what I LOVE about this board - there's always somebody here who is/was feeling the same way to prove you you are NOT completely nuts. Enjoy the rest of your pg and I am looking forward to reading your birth story here one day!

*hugs

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-17-2004 - 2:04pm

Wendy!

Just wishing you all the best for the few weeks left and looking forward to read your birth story! ELV going your way and please keep us updated when you can.

*hugs