Maria (Hopefulmom) - Where are you?

iVillage Member
Maria (Hopefulmom) - Where are you?
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 12:39pm
Just checking in on you Maria....how are you? Haven't heard from you in a while or seen any posts from you. I just wanted to make sure you are okay.

If you get a minute, pop a quick post; I'd love to chat with you.

Linda

08-02-04 (planned c-section)

Linda
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 12:41pm
Wow Linda..you must have read my mind.. I was wondering what happened to Maria for the last week or so...hope you are okay Maria!

Beth

23 wks 5 days...

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 12:56pm
Beth,

I have been wondering about you. I have seen you post a little but never much of an update. How are you doing? good I hope.

Krista

Krista and Gabriel

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2004 - 3:14pm
Hi krista!

I read the board a few times a day..(its a habit) but I have a big deadline approaching and its hard to reply to everything. I was planning on posting at 24 weeks (on Friday).but really noting to report. The baby moves ALOT now (you too?) and it actually hurts sometimes. I am now trying to focus on getting to the viablity stage..like 30 weeks..right? I dont know but I have a feeling March is going to DRAGGGGGG. Sometimes I feel so far along..and other days I am like ...3.5 more months?!?!?!?!?!? That sounds so far. I am still fearful of the whole thing and literally take it day by day.

What about you?

Beth

(I hope Maria relies to this too!)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-27-2004 - 2:00pm
WOW Linda and you incredible preggo ladies! You sure know how to make a pregnant woman feel special! Thank you so much for caring enough to ask after me!!! In my emotional state it was enough to start the tears aflowing!

I have been well - just extremely busy with work, family and such that I haven't had much time to read and post. Sometimes during my lunch hour, like Beth, I come on and read but don't post very much - just kinda keeping up with everyone.

The pregnancy is going along fine - if only i could stop eating cookies and sweets!! I don't have a sweet tooth but boy oh boy have I been craving sweets lately. Also, I've been taking some time to investigate VBAC and try to come up with some sort of plan...getting close but nothing solid. The hospital I'll be delivering at is very supportive of VBAC's but my doc has said he'd prefer a c-section again - we'll see.

Today I'm actually a little stressed cause the baby hasn't been as active as it usually is (usually I get kicked and somersaulted a few times a day - today hardly anything - two very small kicks) and I have been getting some discharge, yellow and clear, that I'm a little concerned about, but I'll ask about it at my next appointment which is on th 15th.

Work is crazy too - everyone around me - clients, boss, colleague - are all so stressed that I'm leaving and I am too cause things gotta run smooth while I'm gone! I'm frantically writing a training manual and taking care of everything else at the same time. I have a new guy starting on Monday, hopefully it will work out, and I'm having a little bit of performance issues with one of my employees - something that I think will work itself out.

Also, remember a while ago I posted about my cat who was very sick? Well it looks like he's going to die soon - he has a very rare illness that causes his bone marrow to produce too much red blood. Right now my dh is giving him chemotherapy medication to help, but if things don't go well with that, we may have to make a decision to have him put down - something I am dreading! With my going off work for a year we're not going to be able to afford the $300/mnthly vet bills. However, I think he's suffering more when they have to "bleed" him (they actually have to invade his jugular and drain blood and add fluid) especially since his vascular system is falling apart because of the heavy concentration of blood. My son is having a hard time with it and at 6 years old it's hard to explain why the cat is dying. On top of that he's having a little bit of trouble with a bully at school - sooooooo

there you have it in a nutshell - my entire life story LOL for the past couple of weeks!

And seriously, I'll try to post more if I can - and you are always welcome to email me directly if you like mzimmerling@rogers.com....

*hugs* and huge baby vibes to all!

Maria

edd June 25/04 (a maybe c-section scheduled for June 21)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-27-2004 - 2:36pm
Wow, Maria!

Your plate certainly has been full! My goodness you've got a lot going on! I'm so sorry about your cat. Poor kitty. My little cat, Squirrel (she was gray and ran like a squirrel (hopping about)) died of breast cancer. Taking care of her was a huge investment of emotional energy (let's not even talk about the $!). So I really sympathize. Those little furry ones really grow on you! I hope your kitty isn't suffering. I'm definitely one who believes it is better to euthanize a pet than prolong suffering. I'm sure it will be hard to explain it to your child, but my parents did a pretty good job explaining to me when my kitty was dying. I was about 7 or 8.

Good luck! Be well! Stay well!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-27-2004 - 9:05pm
Hi Maria - I'm glad you were able to post! So sorry that your life is so hectic right now. I'm really sorry about your cat. I have a dog myself and would be heartbroken if she was ill like your cat. Pets are truly a part of our family, aren't they? And your son....God I hate bullies. It's one of the fears I have for my little boy, who will be starting kindergarten in the fall. Breaks my heart to think of kids getting picked on!

We are so much alike Maria! I've been craving sweets lately too, don't know what it is. I've been faithfully following the program the Nutritionist put me on and I'm 17 weeks today and haven't gained anything....I've LOST 3 lbs! But these last few days I must admit I've given into the temptation of pizza and cookies. Promised myself I would get back on track tomorrow.

Good luck with your VBAC decision too; I know it's a tough one. I still second guess myself about my planned c-section every now and then. I am NOT looking forward to the long recovery and not being able to use my swimming pool the entire month of August!

Well, take care and thanks for letting us know you're here and okay!

Linda

Linda
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 12:53pm
Okay...so add another coincidence (sp) and similarity for us - we too have a swimming pool and one of the things about having a c-section is that I'm going to miss the month of July swimming!!!! LOL

Gosh I wish I could be like you in the sense of losing 3 lbs!!! LOL The weight loss isn't going to happen for me until I have this child - then I'm heading back to weight watchers. It really worked for me before the pregnancy.

The bully situation isn't so bad at school for my son, he's just a sensitive child and won't fight back because he says this bully is mean because he's not had much luck in his life (and he's right, he comes from a very dysfunctional family). I think he'll get through it okay - but you know a mother's instinct to go in and take care of everything!

THe VBAC decision hasn't been made yet - still researching - I think before I make a final decision I'm going to have to wait to see if this child will turn, cause if he/she is breech again, I don't have much of a choice. LOL

*hugs* Linda......hope you're doing great, and thanks so much for thinking of me!

Maria

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2004 - 12:47pm
Hi Maria - Well in another coincidence, I'm a Weight Watcher lifetime member!! WW really worked for me years ago. I lost 60+ lbs and kept it off for 6 years. Then I quit smoking, got pg with my son, and "found" 35 of those lbs! I like to call myself a "Lifetime Member Gone Bad". Like you, I vow to get this weight off once and for all after the baby is born. Don't know if I'll go back to WW (too expensive), but I've been seeing a Nutritionist and the program I'm on is EXACTLY like WW, yet my insurance covers it.

Even though I've lost 3 lbs to date, I still feel huge. And at 17 1/2 week, I haven't seen anything yet, right? I'm heading for "huge-ville", but wouldn't have it any other way.

We'll have to be email pals after our babies are born to encourage each other to lose the weight!

Take care Maria,

Linda

Linda