New here, low HCG's, worried

iVillage Member
New here, low HCG's, worried
Thu, 02-26-2004 - 4:42pm
I'm very new here. I tested sunday night and got a faint line three days before AF was due. I went to the doctor Wed. for pregnancy confirmation and through a pelvic exam she thinks yes I'm pregnant. That's good news. Today she calls me with the results of my HCG and they were at 27. Can you believe it 27, how much lower could they be? So, I will retest Friday to make sure they continue to go up, results for that will come on Monday. And on top of that she tells me my progesterone is borderline and I need progesterone tabs. PERFECT!, as if I didn't have enough worries.

So now instead of being overwhelmed with joy I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best. My doctor says that mny low HCG levels are probably due to me being very early in a pregnancy. I sure hope so. Think I will go to chruch sunday and say a little prayer. It's just hard to know you're pregnant but that it does not mean that you're going to have baby for sure, it just means your pregnant.

So anyway, I'm happy to be pregnant again. I had D&C Nov. 21 due to no heart beat at 12 week. I was also very pleased with all of the extra tests and u/s planned for me with my doctor since I am officially a "miscarriage patient". At least this time if something happens I will know right away.

Well, I will be as positive as possible and have Faith!

Holland

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-26-2004 - 4:58pm
Holland,

Welcome and congratulations! Many of the women here have used progesterone and are doing very well. I'm sure they will post to tell you. As for the HCG #'s, I can't say I know very well, but Krista and many others do, so watch for posts, the wonderful women here will respond.

Good luck! Positive thoughts and SBV's for you for tomorrow!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-26-2004 - 8:32pm
Hi...

You're right on schedule, hCG-wise! There's an ivillage article that lists numbers:

http://www.parentsplace.com/expert/midwife/qas/0,,239037_100655,00.html

And you fit right in there, in the 0-1 weeks after conception range (since you're closer to a week). By Friday you should just about double, but don't panic if it's not quite 54 - it typically takes 24-36 hours to double early on, and then once you hit hCG of 5,000 it takes 48-96 hours to double.

Good luck, hang in there, and vent often - we've all been there and nothing you can do will seem weird here!!

Kate

EDD 8/22/04 or earlier...

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-27-2004 - 7:42am
Thanks Kate, the article was helpful. I will just wait and see what my results show on Monday.

Holland

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-27-2004 - 9:24am

Holland,

Congrats on your Pregnancy.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-27-2004 - 12:10pm
Holland..

Please keep us updated. My first hcg draw at 4 wks exactly *hadnt even missed a period yet* was 45. Dr. told me low numbers are common. its the doubling thats important.

Best Wishes and I will look forward to hearing from you again!

Beth

24 wks today!