Roll Call 2nd Trimester!!! March 1/04

iVillage Member
Roll Call 2nd Trimester!!! March 1/04
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 8:14am

How are all the second trimester ladies?

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 12:46pm
Well I guess since I don't get on the boards much anymore, I should reply to these roll calls!

Hey everyone! Well, I'm 23w4d along and feel pretty good. I have started to feel movement, actually have been feeling it for a couple of weeks - some days less than others, but still something every day. My big concern right now is a slight yellowish discharge - but I'll ask my doc about it on the 15th.

I certainly am showing - even though I'm overweight I think I just look fatter LOL. My wardrobe is limited, but I can still get by. I'm craving sweets something fierce and I'm making sure that I'm getting my vegs, fruits, carbs and protein too, but eating to hunger has certainly made me pack on more pounds than I would have liked - but after this pregnancy it's back on weight watchers! LOL

I'm starting to gather baby furniture but haven't really done anything significant to prepare. Other than do lots of research on VBACs and had a good conversation with a nurse at the hospital where I'll deliver. I think I'll probably start getting the baby's room ready by May or so. Gosh, we haven't even decided on baby names yet!!!!!!

Hope all you ladies are doing great!

*Hugs*

Maria

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 12:59pm

Maria,

I am so glad to hear that things are going well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 1:21pm

Well I guess this is where I fit in.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 2:01pm
2nd Trimester here ... but whoever said it brings on all that extra energy was fooling! I'm 14w3d today and I think I just started to feel movement on Saturday. Much different feelings than other belly rumblings : ) I am showing and started wearing FT maternity last week.

We have started to prepare the nursery (was DD's old room). It will stay the same theme (Noah's Ark) so all we need to do is put up the crib and bring in the dresser and rocker and it will be complete. I've also been buying things here and there and am mainly 'collecting' items I find that are hot deals. Also just recently scheduled the big 20-week u/s for April 9th .. we've decided NOT to find out the gender this time!

H & H pregnancies to all!

Amy, Momma to

Rachel (1/28/99)

Twin Angels (9/26/03) and

Someone NEW (8/27/04)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 6:21pm
I am so happy you and your little one are doing well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 6:22pm
Hi, everyone.

I'm Shannon, age 31, EDD #1 08/31/04, so hit week 14 tomorrow! Whoohoo!

Are you beginning to show?

I think I have a tiny pooch, but my friends just roll their eyes at me. Haven't gained any weight yet, but it's definitely "shifting" on my body. Tummy is bigger in the PM than the AM.

Are you feeling any movement?

I think I'm still feeling the pains of the uterus stretching, although the other night there were just a few seconds of this bizarre swimming sensation that felt like how others have described quickening.

What have you begin to do to prepare for the baby?

Bought a glider rocker a couple weeks ago and the crib and mattress just yesterday. Have bought a maternity outfit for me for spring and two outfits for baby. Have registered, but haven't told anyone! Have started to decorate the nursery. :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 7:50pm
Hi all!

How far along are you? 20 weeks and 4 days

I am beginning to show, actually- just! I am buying some maternity clothes online tonight. I am "poking out" some. I'm overweight, but can feel my belly right at my navel. Doc showed me how to feel for it this morning! I don't really know if I've felt movement yet- I only say this because what I have been feeling isn't like what everyone describes. No "fluttering". I have what feels like muscle twitches. They sort of go bump bump bump more than flutters. That's why I'm hoping that I'm feeling baby, but really don't know.

What have you begin to do to prepare for the baby? All I have done is bought a used (in great condition) crib and dresser- that's all! LOL

Love, Kendra

~i~ 5/31/01

EDD 7/15/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-01-2004 - 9:09pm
Hi, all...

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a honeymoon so far, but I have made it to the second trimester. I'm 15 weeks now, and definitely beginning to show - MUCH earlier than with my DD. I have started to feel occasional little flutters and squirms, not quite on a daily basis yet but it's nice to feel a little something. I rented a doppler for home, so I've been able to check for the heartbeat every day, and that has gone a very long way toward restoring my sanity.

We've done very small things to get ready for the baby. We had repainted our guest room last August when I found I was pg then, so that's a nice, gender-neutral yellow... and last weekend we brought back a dresser from my mother's house - so now that's in my DD's room and her dresser (which converts to a changing table) is in the room that I still think of as the guest room rather than a nursery. And the biggest step happened this past weekend, my MIL bought us a stroller/carseat combination, so I've got this huge box in my living room that I'm totally not ready to open yet!

Hope everyone else is doing okay... I've had such a difficult pregnancy that it's still hard for me to see to the baby at the end of all this, and I've also been ill since early January - 2 sinus infections and a stomach flu so far. I'm leaving work in 5 weeks, so I really hope that once I have more time to take care of myself I'll be able to get healthier!

Kate

EDD#2 8/22/04 or earlier...

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2004 - 8:29am

Shannon,

I am glad to hear things are going well.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2004 - 8:31am

Kendra,

I think it is movement you are feeling.

Pages