New here just found this board

iVillage Member
New here just found this board
Tue, 03-09-2004 - 3:06pm
Hi ladies,

I just found this board, due to one of your members post on the grads at TTCAM board I have been reading a few post and this seems like a real nice supportive board to belong to. I have been to the EC Oct. board and there is not a bond like the loss type boards.

Here is a little bit about me, my name is Holly 24, DH 28, been married 5 yrs this july. We have a beautiful son Matthew 2, and we had M/C on 8/30/03 at 10 weeks, my due date is coming up March 28.

I am currently 10wks 2days Pg due 10.3.04. We had an u/s at 7wks 3dys saw a hb exciting but i am still scared our next appt is tomorrow to hear the heart beat i am really scared and have been kinda upset about it just from reading other post about seeing the hb then going at 10 wks and it is gone. My family really isn't understanding much they tell me i need to stop stressing out and so on. They don't understand and i don't know how to explain it. The good news is i am no further along then i was with last pg so that makes me feel a little better you know.

I am looking forward to you getting to know you all some of you guys are familiar so hopefully i will fit in. Like i said not really fitting in over at the EC.

Thanks for listening and sorry for going on and on.

Holly

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2004 - 3:34pm
Hi, Holly,

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! I agree that it can be hard to fit in on the regluar EC boards after you've had a loss.... somehow I just can't get so obsessed about how many pounds I gain or whether I'm having a boy or a girl or that sort of thing anymore. I wouldn't wish my experience on anyone else, I just think experiencing a loss gives you a very different perspective on things.

Hope you're feeling okay - I always wanted to have just enough symptoms to know I was pg without feeling completely miserable, which is a fine line to walk and I don't think I succeeded! But I'm at 16 weeks now, past several milestones already, and starting to believe that maybe I'll actually have a baby at the end of all this!

Hang in there, and congratulations again,

Kate

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2004 - 4:08pm
Hi Holly. Welcome to the board. YOu have found the place to be. I understand your fears..and you are right, no one else gets it, really. I have been on these boards for months now and hope that you find it as supportive as I have. Just take it week by week. Its the only way to go. I know, after reading others postings, I realize there is really no "safe" point in any pregnancy.

Anyhow, welcome and post often!

Beth

26 wks 4 days...(after a miscarriage at 12 wks in August)

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2004 - 4:52pm
Welcome, Holly! I'm glad that you found us here. It's really nice to be able to talk to others who really understand your feelings. I was recently in your shoes. I had a missed m/c last Sept at 10 weeks. I went in for an 11 week appt last week to hear the heartbeat. I was SO terrified that I would have a repeat of what happened last time that I worked myself into tears while waiting for the dr. in the exam room. As soon as he saw how upset I was, he brought me over to the u/s room and gave me a quick u/s to reassure me that the baby was fine. I got to see the baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks and 11 weeks.

I'm now past where I was last time and have rented a home doppler (just received it Friday). I've heard the baby's heartbeat twice now.

Anyway, back to welcoming you! I hope you jump right in with any questions, concerns, and panic attacks! Good luck with you appt t'row! Strong HB vibes coming your way!!

Lynn

edd 9/19

12w1d

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2004 - 9:20am
Hi Holly - Thanks for your reply to my 18 week u/s post. Also, I was so glad to read that my post in the TTCAM board brought you here; that's great!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know you're nervous about the u/s today, which is so normal. You'll be on pins and needles all day, then when you see/hear that thumbing heartbeat, you'll breathe easy again.

As for your family, I found when I m/c'd (and got pg again) that although my family/friends were supportive, nobody TRULY understands what it's like to experience a loss, unless they've been through it. When I got pg again, I'd hear comments like "oh Linda, don't worry, it won't happen again", and "you're stressing out for nothing" etc. Not exactly the comforting words you want to hear! These boards have been a lifeline for me and made me realize I was NOT crazy and the fears I have are normal. I also tried getting onto the EC Boards and felt like I just didn't fit in. There the women were, at 5 weeks pg, talking about names and baby furniture, etc., and here I was afraid of m/c'ing again.

I think you'll really like it here! Please post and give us an update on your u/s today....I'll be thinking about you today and praying everything goes well.

And it will get easier Holly. The farther along you get in your pregnancy, the more confident you'll feel. Yes, I still worry, but nothing like I did the first 12 weeks.

Take care,

Linda

Linda
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2004 - 9:53am

Holly,

Welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2004 - 3:43pm
Hi Holly,

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I think I saw the same post on the TTCAM board! That's how I found this place too. I was like, "Finally! A board where women will understand what I'm feeling." I've been hanging around the Nov. EC and it's great too, but not all of the women have been through m/c so they don't understand the fear and nervousness.

I hope to get to know everyone here. These boards are so helpful; I appreciate the support I've gotten in the past and I know this one will be just as great.

Take care!

LeeAnne

Finally pg with #1

EDD 11/13/04

~i~ 10/7/03

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2004 - 10:26pm
Thank you guys for the warm wishes and welcomes. Just in the couple days i have been here i have felt real welcome i just wanted to say thanks and how nice it is to be around others who understand.