Hi, new here, scared

iVillage Member
Hi, new here, scared
Thu, 03-11-2004 - 3:36pm
Hi everyone,

I'm new here -- just found this board today after reading Linda's ("baby2in2004") post on the Trying to Conceive After Miscarriage graduates section (thanks Linda!). I had a m/c (blighted ovum) in October and just found out that I'm pg again.

Of course I'm scared to death. I've told about four people about the pg, and they are so excited, and I'm just not. I'm too scared that I'll get my hopes up and then history will repeat itself. And that sucks, because I really want to be excited and happy about this. It doesn't help that I've started spotting the last two days, although my dr. says he isn't worried because it's so early, and I know a lot of women have spotted and gone on to have a healthy baby. I have an u/s scheduled for March 23; I'll be 6.5 weeks then and hopefully we'll see some signs of life. Then I think I'll feel more optimistic.

Oh well, I'm hoping to get to know you ladies well, because you're the best ones who can relate to what I'm going through. I wish you all happy, healthy pregnancies!!

LeeAnne

~i~ 10/7/03

Finally pg with #1

EDD 11/13/04

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2004 - 3:55pm
Welcome, LeeAnne!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm glad you found us! I was so nervous and superstitious when I first came to this board, I wouldn't even post! I'd lurk and rejoice when I saw someone ask the question that had been burning in my mind! Finally, someone put out a posting to "lurkers, come out!" So I did! And I'm so glad I did! This board has been a source of incredible support and sanity-saving advice! I've posted questions and concerns here that I could not even bring myself to discuss with anyone. So few people understand how difficult it is to be enthusiastic or not freaking out constantly after you've suffered a loss. No one really understood me. But, you would not believe how wonderful the women here are! And with such varied backgrounds and so knowledgeable! No question goes unanaswered. We really are quite a little virtual community! So, welcome! Post often. Vent often. Let us know how you're doing! We are all rooting for each other!

Congrats and SBV,

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2004 - 6:47pm
LeeAnne, Congrats on your BFP!!! I'm so happy for you! It seems like there have been several in the last week or so.

I'll be thinking of you on March 23rd. I was also so scared of history repeating itself. I couldn't bear the thought of losing another one.

I hope your spotting stops soon so that you won't worry quite as much. Crossing my fingers for you for a nice sticky H&H 9 months!!

Congrats again!

Lynn

edd 9/19

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2004 - 10:07am
I just wanted to say thank you for your post on mine. I hope you feel welcome here i only been on for a few days but i already feel welcome. I am feeling more positive about this Pg I am still concerned but not near like i was. I hope you have a H&H 9 months or less,

Holly

DS 12.12.01

~i~ 8.30.03

EDD 10.03.04
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2004 - 10:47am
Hi. Welcome to the board..I just wanted you to know that i have been on this board for months now and the source of comfort it has given me is incredible. Everyone is so wonderful. I started posting at 5 wks and have been here every since. This pregnancy has been a constant worry....and the only way I have made it this far is by taking it day by day, literally. Please post often when you need it!

Best Wishes...

Beth

27 weeks today!

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2004 - 12:54pm

Welcome to the board Leeanne.

I just responded to your post above.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board