Hi all, new here, TERRIFIED!

iVillage Member
Hi all, new here, TERRIFIED!
Sat, 03-13-2004 - 10:28pm
Hi everyone, Im new here, just found out I was pregnant today. I have had two M/Cs. My last M/C was just in January. Im so scared right now, I can't even get excited. I tested early because my bbs were hurting and tested pregnant with 2 clearblue easy digital tests. I would be due for A/F 3/15. Both times I m/c'd very early, so Im scared.

With both M/Cs, I didnt have any implantation bleeding or sore bbs. Ive had both with this one, could that mean that maybe this one will stick? I need reassurance.

~Lindsay~

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2004 - 8:27am

Lindsay,

congrats on the BFP.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2004 - 4:21pm
Hi Lindsay and welcome. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I can understand how scared you are. The first 12 weeks are very hard emotionally. I m/c'd in Sept 03 and am now pg again. I lived in total fear for a long time.

It's a good sign that this pregnancy "feels" different. Sore bbs are a good sign.

You'll find lots of support on this board and can ask away on any questions you have.

Praying you have a happy and healthy 9 months Lindsay!

Linda

EDD 08-02-04

Linda
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2004 - 9:01pm
Thanks so much guys. Im really hoping this one sticks. Im just so scared. I haven't scheduled my first Drs appointment yet because I don't want to go too early, get my hopes up and then have another early m/c.I haven't really told anyone yet because Im scared it's just going to be another disappointment.

Both other times I was pregnant, my pregnancy tests had very faint lines on the test, this time, with the clearblue easy digital, I had results in like 30 seconds. Im hoping its because I have more pregnancy hormone. (fingers crossed). I felt after the first time I m/c'd that maybe it just happened that one time, my Dr. told me it was very common, that many women have m/c'd at least once and don't even realize it. The second time, I started thinking that something might be wrong with me. I just can't shake this fear. I don't think Ill feel normal until Im like 7 months pregnant. lol.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me on this one. I don't want to lose another baby!

~Lindsay~

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 8:03am
Congratulations Lindsay on the BFP!! I've only been here on this board for a couple days, but welcome & I hope our stay here is long!

Lynn

Lynn

EDD:  1/27/06

BLOG

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 9:54am
Lindsay..just a suggestion. With your m/c history, my dr. would automatically start hcg testing..like most on this board have, where you dr. meaures hcg every 48 hours for a week ..or so.....Also a progesterone count should be done in any case..just to make sure your previous m/c werent a resault of low progesterone. Its certainly couldnt hurt.~~ Hope to see you on this board for a low time.

Best Wishes

Beth

26 wks 3 days..

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 12:11pm
We understand how scary this whole thing can be after m/c but it's all worth in the end, right? I agree a series of hcg tests are in order and progesterone too. I only m/c once and my doctor ordered both of those tests. My progesterone was borderline so now I'm taking progesterone which helps strenghten your uteris to support a pregnancy.

Good luck to you,

Holland

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 1:52pm
Thank you so much. I called my Dr. and requested a quantitive HCG test and a progesterone test. I go in on Wednesday at 11:15. Im still just really scared. One of the times I was pregnant, I had found out at the DR! At that point I was only 3 past due for period. That same day, later in the afternoon, I started miscarrying and had to go back to the Dr for a quantitive HCG test to see if I had indeed m/c'd. It was very stressful. Both of my m/cs were VERY early. Like I tested and then days later began miscarriage. So these early days are really scary for me. Today would have been the day I got AF (of course she's a no show : )!) Even though I already took two pregnancy tests (ClearBlueEasy Digital), Im tempted to go buy some more that have lines so I can see how dark the line is. The darker the line, the more pregnancy hormone you have right? Even after the Dr had told me I was pregnant, I went to the store and bought a test, and the line was VERY faint. Like barely there. The good news is that my bbs are still sore, Ive been napping Ive been so tired, Ive experienced occasional nausea w/o vomiting, and yesterday I started crying over something I would not have normally cried about. Im hoping these are positive signs! Hope this is a healthy pregnancy.

~Lindsay~

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 2:33pm
Lindsay..I am so glad you asked for those tests. That way, you can make sure this pregnancy is on track or not from the beginning. Its hard in the early weeks. And BTW, I didnt have any symptoms until week 7--so dont go on your sore bbs alone. If your hcg count and progesterones numbers come back good and the hcg is doubling every 48 hours, ask your dr for an early vaginal u/s at about 6.5 wks to verify fetus with h/b. Thats the course I would take.

Best Wishes and keep us posted on your results..

Beth

26 wks 3 days..

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-15-2004 - 3:00pm
Lindsay,

Congrats! Sending you SBV's, doubling-vibes and all the other good stuff! Keep us posted!

Alexeyev

SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV SBV

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 9:42am
I'm in the same boat. I tested last night and it showed the "+" sign. I had a m/c in Dec, and I'm paranoid that it will happen again. My stomach is in knots. I'm going in for blood work today, with a follow up on Fri, and then my 1st appt on Tues. My daughter is curently 20 months, and I so badly want her to have a brother or sister close in age.

I hope everything works out this time.

--Summer

Pages