Tested Positive Last Night

iVillage Member
Tested Positive Last Night
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 9:52am
I found out last night that I am pregnant again - at least that's what the pt reads. My stomach is in knots. I'm trying to relax, but after my Dec m/c, I'm so worried that it will happen again. I'm hoping that the lack of pregnancy symptoms is a good sign. My first pregancy brough me a beautiful and helthy baby girl (now 20 months). I had no morning sickness-ever, no weird cravings, no signs that I was pregnant other than frequent potty trips and a big belly. With my m/c, I was queezy from the start, and even threw up a couple times. The only reason I tested in the first place was because I felt wierd. I lost that baby after 5 or 7 weeks. So far so good - I'm hoping this pregancy sticks.

--Summer

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 10:11am
Summer,

Hi and welcome! We're all there with you, it's very difficult to sort out all of the emotions and anxieties about pregnancy once you've experienced a loss. Remember that the old wives' tale is accurate - every pregnancy is different! I had *no* m/s or nausea, and very little fatigue, with both my DD (now almost 4) and a m/c in October, and then with this pg I was nauseous for about 8 weeks straight, and I still get tired enough that I have considered taking naps under my desk after lunch! And this time seems to be going okay, despite some serious complications early on.

Hang in there, post often, and may you be covered in sticky baby vibes!!

Kate

EDD#2 8/22/04 or sooner...

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 10:37am

Hi Summer,

Congrats on being PG.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 1:22pm
Summer,

I hope everything works out for you! The tests are pretty accurate, so I would say you are probably pregnant. I found it difficult to wait until I was 6 weeks along to go see the doctor. I opted not to have constant hcg tests like I did during my last pregnancy. I thought the stress of watching the numbers would just make me sick.

Good luck! I'm anxious to hear what the doctors say.

Julie (28)

DH Alex (29)

~i~ 7/7/03

Nathan (7 mos adopted 2/12/04 f/ Russia)

EDD 9/23/04

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-17-2004 - 2:58pm
Welcome Summer!

Congratulations, SBV's and doubling HCG's to you! Please post and let us know how you're doing. I know you're having bloodwork today and I hope all turns out perfectly! Giving you the good luck now for your follow up on Friday and your appointment on Tuesday, but please let us know how you're doing!

Congrats!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2004 - 9:24am
Summer..

Its so hard in the first 8 wks. Its really the "do or die" time for a pregnancy. But you have to know..that going into it you have a great chance of the pregnancy going full term. I will tell you what my dr. told me after being pg after my miscarriage at 12 wks in August...Every pregnancy of every woman has a 1 in 5 chance of miscarrying. So, its 4 out of 5 chance it will be okay! If you want reassuarce get the hcg testing in the next week or so, and get a progesterone check.

Please keep posted. This board is incredible.

Beth

26 wks 6 days...