new to board and worried about my preg.

iVillage Member
new to board and worried about my preg.
Thu, 03-18-2004 - 7:07pm
I'm new to this board and have a really strange question! I'm 15 weeks with my 8th preg., I have 3ds and have had 4 preg losses all at the end of the 1st trimester. Last week my normal clothes were getting tight, and the beginning of this week my pants were really tight, so much so that I couldn't button them up! Well, yesterday and today my pants are fitting me perfectly! Not tight in the least, I can button up every pair! My question is, has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm feeling a bit paranoid right now, and am embarrassed to call my dr. on this one! If anyone can give me some insight, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Thanks - marinaabl
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2004 - 7:30pm
Hi,

I don't think you have anything to worry about! I know it's easy to worry about these types of thing though. My body did the same thing up until the start of my "third" trimester if you can believe it. I was able to wear my normal clothes up until about the 6th month. At 15 weeks, I don't think it's the baby that's making your clothes tight. It's the bloating associated with being pregnant. One day your clothes are tight and the next they're loose. Our bodies retain water a lot quicker, and going to the bathroom can even make your clothes seem looser from one day to the next. The important thing is that your doctor's appointments are going well, you're hearing or seeing the heartbeat, and you're seeing changes in your body. Good luck and hope that helped! Sandy ; )

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-18-2004 - 7:42pm
I was in maternity clothes (pants) by 11 weeks with my first pregnancy. I just couldn't stand to have anything tight on my belly. I am only 4 weeks and already my clothes are tight.

I am sure you are fine. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy!!

Love,

Lisa

EDD 11/22/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2004 - 7:13am

I agree with Sandy,

Somedays we are more bloated that others.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board