April Mamas-Misty Dawn, Wendy more?

iVillage Member
April Mamas-Misty Dawn, Wendy more?
Fri, 03-19-2004 - 6:28pm
Hey, April Mamas!

Please post and let us know how you're doing! We newbies find your stories provide us with lets of hope and comfort. So please tell us how far along you are, provide a little background on yourselves, what are your biggest concerns now, and what your birth plans are.

Best to you!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-19-2004 - 11:00pm
Well, let's see...there's really nothing new going on here for me. At my last appt there was no dilating, no effacing, but my cervix was softening a bit. My next appt is Wed, so hopefully I'll hear something promising then.

As for how I'm doing, I'm getting pretty excited. My little due date count-down thingy reminded me today that I have only 15 days til I'm due! So I guess I should start getting the nursery ready...it's weird, you know? I felt okay buying all the baby stuff, but not ready yet to put it away or organize everything. So I have stacks of boxes of things like monitors and junk just piled up...clothes in the closet with tags still on them...but I'm starting to get motivated.

The baby is doing great, still giving my bladder a workout with his head. Doc says he's measuring a little big, but that's okay by me.

I guess that's all for now - I'll let you guys know what happens on Wednesday at my 38 week checkup.

love

misty dawn

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2004 - 4:20pm
I am getting anxious to meet this baby, and uncomfortable physically. My dh is gone all the time and there are lots of things about that that are stressing me out. I quit working 2 weeks ago. I try to get out of the house sometimes, but I think bed is my favorite place lately. I feel bored and depressed. I have tried to organize and put away my baby stuff, and my mind keeps wandering back to that horrible thought that I shouldnt cut the tags off of everything, and in my mind I scream at that thought and tell it to go away! And remind myself of a dream I had of holding this baby. My step-sister lost a baby a day before her due date,it just stopped moving and they never knew why and the possibility (God forbid) stays in the back of my head. I freak out occasionally when time goes by that I havent noticed my baby moving much. I wouldnt think like that but after 2 losses, I just know I am not immune to loss no matter how many I have had! I actually thought I was last time. I do try to focus on all the good having this baby in our life will be and just envision that. I know I will be breathing big sighs of relief when this baby is safely here with us and in my arms. I find myself really really weepy lately. I got a gift yesterday from someone dh goes to church with who had a successful pregnancy at the same time I lost mine last year, and seeing the cute outfit made me cry because I just keep thinking we are really having a baby and its still amazing to me. Then I felt crappy because I didnt give her anything for her baby last year because I was too bitter over my loss.

Well, I wish I had something happier to report, this was probably a rambling downer...but soon I will! I will have a beautiful birth story! My 38wk 5day (something like that) appt is tomorrow. I dont even look forward to that, my dr cant seem to spend 5 seconds with me and I am starting to regret my choice of dr. Oh well, not many more appointments to have! Hopefully tomorrow will be my last before the baby comes! I will let you know how it goes!

Wendy, edd 3/31-4/3/04

ds(6), ~i~'s 4/13/96 & 9/17/02

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2004 - 10:13pm
I know just how you feel, Wendy. I just today got around to cutting the tags off of everything and washing all the baby clothes & blankets and stuff. It was a huge step for me. I still haven't decorated the nursery. It seems like with my daughter I had this huge urge to get everything ready, whereas this time I feel more like I'm just going through the motions so as to be ready when he comes. There's really not a lot of joy in it, I just don't want to come home from the hospital and have all this other crap to do, you know?

Anyway, multiple miscarriages do take away some of the magic of having a baby, there's just no getting around that. I'm just hoping that when I'm holding my baby in my arms and nursing him, all these apathetic feelings will be replaced with that magic that I've forgotten how to feel

My husband said something to me the other day that has kind of stuck with me. He told me I should enjoy the squirming and pushing while I'm still pg, because (god forbid) what if this is my last successful pg? He really said it in a compassionate, caring way, and I know just what he means. I have only two weeks left and there are so many things that I didn't do because I was scared of jinxing it...like writing in a journal. I never wrote one thing in my journal about being pregnant.

But anyway, soon enough we will have our little ones...I'll be sending you lots of dilation & effacement vibes this week!

Love

misty dawn

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-22-2004 - 10:56pm
I havent journaled either! and I wanted to and I did with my first m/c and my first pregnancy, but I havent brought myself to write a single word about the last m/c or this pregnancy. I think its because I know I am going to cry my eyes out when I write and I just put it off. And I feel guilty for not having written anything, like this baby might think it means less to me-- yes that is completely silly! I know.

Tonight my 6 yr old ds, usually independent and rather non-affectionate, put his head on top of my stomach and wrapped his arm around the bottom of my stomach and said "I am going to take care of the baby." That made all this stress and physical discomfort worth it for me, and made me think I would do it over 100 times.

Wendy, edd 4/3/04

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2004 - 2:30pm
ME, ME, ME!!!! I don't post here a ton but find myself lurking more and more the closer I get to D~Day. I will be 35 weeks tomorrow(Wed) and my due date is 4.28.04. I can't believe it!! My miscarriage was last April 12. I was fine for quite some time but now I am back to being nervous again!! Every little thing worries me and I just can't wait now to deliver so I know everything is OK. I really wanted to enjoy this pregnancy more since it is my last and am a little sad I have been wishing it away. I have 2 DD's ages 7&5 and a WONDERFUL DH. We will celebrate our 10th anniversary this year.

Hummmmm, my birth plan?? Well, I will take the epidural as soon as they will give it to me and let things go as they will from there. :)

Best wishes to you all,

Jennifer

2 dd's

1 ^i^

edd #3 4.28.04 It's a BOY!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-23-2004 - 10:33pm
Thanks for posting, Misty Dawn, Wendy and Jennifer.

I'm kind of getting closer to my own due date and it really freaks me out sometimes. They had my baby shower for me at work and its so funny how everyone thinks its a done deal for me that we'll have our little diva, but both beloved and I still harbour our doubts! I'm so glad I found this board.

Ladies, I want to wish you luck and joy and painless births (HA!) and more joy and I think, its safe to assume that all of you will have post-partum ecstasy instead of post-partum depression! Here's to your post-partum ecstasy! I raise a popsicle in tribute!

Take care of yourselves and please, please, please let me know how you're doing!!!

Alexeyev

edd 5/9/04

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com