New to Board

iVillage Member
New to Board
Tue, 03-23-2004 - 12:55pm
Hi everyone. Just joined the board. I just found out that I am expecting. I had a miscarriage in March of 2000, tried for the next 3 years to get pg without luck. I found out last week that I was pg, and it was a total shock this time because was not planning or trying. I am very excited but very nervous. I dont want to experience another miscarraige. Everytime my body experiences a new pain, ache, gas or anything I get all freaked out which I know is normal. My first dr appt isnt until the 7th of april so I am just so nervous. My last mc happened at 12 weeks, so I know I will sigh a little relief after that mark. I just pray everything goes smoothly!! I would appreciate all the prayers I can get right now.

Hope
iVillage Member
In reply to: hopesrefuge
Tue, 03-23-2004 - 5:29pm
Welcome Hope!

I have found that this is a wonderful place to seek both refuge & answers of this terrifying time of early pregnancy. We've all been there, so we know how nervewracking it is. I wish you a happy & healthy pregnancy and look forward to getting to know you.

Annie

7w5d

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2004 - 6:47am

Hope,

Congrats and welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-25-2004 - 8:04am
Hi Hope and welcome. Just wanted to say congratulations to you on your pregnancy. Trying for 3 years must have been so tough for you. I'm so glad you are here now and expecting!

Yes, the first 12 weeks are definitely the scariest. And you are not alone....I obsessed over every ache and pain, and checked every day to make sure my bbs were tender. On the days I had morning sickness, I was so relieved! As the weeks go by, you will start to feel more confident, especially after you get past your previous loss. That's always a tough one...I m/c'd at 8 weeks and once I got past that milestone, I felt alittle more confidence.

Again, welcome and congratulations,

Linda

21 weeks

Linda