Hello Ladies

iVillage Member
Hello Ladies
Wed, 03-24-2004 - 10:07am
Hello Ladies,

I am finally brave enough to join this board. I have a three year old dd from a previous relationship that my husband has raised since she was 5 months. After we were married I stopped my b/c and it took two years to get pb. Unfortunately I had a m/c in November and it has been a long road to overcome. I know that no one else can ever understand what that feels like but someone who has been through it. My aunt had several m/c and was never able to have children. She told me that it was a "sorrow all your own" and I never understood why nobody knew how to be there. I finally realized that she was right. Everyone deals with it differently. I did find out in Feb. that I was pg again!!!!!! I had my first ultrasound at 11 weeks and everything went great. The baby was sucking its little thumb. I got to hear the hearbeat. My husband and I just held hands and cried. So far everything is going great. I have had some intermittent bleeding which has scared me to death several times but we are hanging in there. It has made me very nervous. I have waited to join any message boards until I felt a little safer. I have been reading everyones posts for a couple days and got brave enough today......so HELLO Everyone!!!!

Carrie

dd 1/07/01

^i^ 11/19/03

edd 09/24/04

iVillage Member
In reply to: tmscls
Wed, 03-24-2004 - 11:23am
Welcome, Carrie! Congrats on your u/s! I love watching the baby on u/s!! I'm just a couple of days ahead of you. I have my next appt on Friday and hope they'll schedule my 20 week u/s after that (hoping for end of April, beginning of May).

I'm glad you are brave enough to join us! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Lynn

#2 edd 9/19/04

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2004 - 11:24am
Hello Carrie and welcome to the board!

I too have just finally had the courage to join this board today. I have been hanging out in the ttc after m/c board for the last four months and am now ready to be here.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope that things work out for you this time.

I wish you all the best,

Claire.

EDD Sept 13th 2004
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2004 - 11:49am
Hi Carrie,

I'm so glad you have joined us! I have found great comfort here with all these amazing ladies! My husband & I have a 3 1/2 yr old son. I had an early m/c Sept.2003. In January I found out that I was pregnant again! I'm now 16 weeks along. Everything has checked out fine so far. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure on my first OB appt. My doctor put me on blood pressure medicine and it's working! I've been really nervous this pregnancy. Once I hit week 14 I've calmed down a little bit. But I still worry how the baby is doing everyday. It's gonna be a long Spring & Summer! (LOL)

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Shannon

JT: 9-4-00

edd: 9-8-00

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-24-2004 - 11:53am

Carrie,

Welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board