RC - 3rd Trimester March 29/04

iVillage Member
RC - 3rd Trimester March 29/04
Mon, 03-29-2004 - 1:41pm

Hi Third Trimester ladies,

Congrats on being in the third trimester ladies.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2004 - 3:00pm
Here I am entering week 32 and I am shocked at how little I have done (trying to nest)I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with little bits that aren't ready yet. I am scared & excited about having a little baby soon (term is in 4 weeks my dues date is in 8 weeks!!) I noticed that my pelvic floor is starting to soften and boy does it hurt (at least I think that is what it is.) I'll ask my OB next time I am in.

My sister is throwing my shower in 4 weeks. I think my work is also throwing me a shower, eventhough it is against their beliefs to do anything for a baby before it comes, bad luck. A lot of people aren't able to come but I am AOK with that. I'm not very good a t receiving gifts.

We've picked out names my MIL hates the girl's name but I don't care (She wants girl named after her, I would never do that to my child.) The boys name DH picked out right away last fall during the World Series.

The nursery is the biggest pain in my A$$ at this time. We were supposed to get the crib from SIL & BIL but another relative in the family is pregnant and neither have a job and has been begging them for all of their baby gear so we are using a bassinet for the first month and then hopefully we will have a crib. Also my husband's religious beliefs prevent us from getting everything ready.

I have some heart troubles now that began during my 2nd trimester (and during the 1st trimester of my previous pregnancy) My heart rate is really high but my blood pressure is relatively low? I am seeing a cardiologist every month and just finished some more testing. I am trying to keep active as long as I can though, I walk at least 30 minutes a day and sometimes more or I ride the stationary bike at the gym.

I start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now. My next appointment is this Friday, April 2. At my last appointment I had another shot of Rhogam because my blood type is B-.

I have to say that all in all everything is going well. The changes to your body at this time are very dramatic and at time scary but being here for advice and direction is great.

Good Luck to all.

Destiny

EDD 5/26

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2004 - 3:35pm

Hi,

I am 34 weeks today.

COLLEEN Parker eating a peach at 6 months
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-29-2004 - 5:39pm
Hello!

Special hello to Colleen! We are one day apart in edd's! Mine is 5/9/04. Haven't seen your posts in a while and have been wondering how you're doing!

I am so ready to give birth and be done with this pregnancy with the diva in my arms! I can't wait to sleep in some position other than my sides, although, from what I hear, I won't be doing much sleeping once my diva gets here!

- How does it feel to start the countdown?

It feels pretty good. I'm happy to know that we're pretty much viable at this stage. 3 weeks to being to term. I'm psyched!

- Are you having a shower?

My office had its shower for me last week. Got my stroller and car seat. (It's good to have a big office!) Also got a boppy pillow, 2 toys, an extraordinary crib set (linen with hand embroidered details from Italy -- too bad its going to get peed and spit up on!), and some clothes (including an absolutely adorable little sweater with a monkey on it -- this is the year of the Monkey!)

My friends are having another shower for me on 4/24. I think they just want to see me as collossal as possible and take pictures to torture me with. They want me to register somewhere, but I really don't want to.

- Do you have a name picked?

Yes! We have a name that can be adapted to be a girl's or a boy's by changing one letter! Pretty cool! Wish I could share it with you all, but this is one superstition I really, really can't overcome. Only beloved and I know the name. No one else at all.

- Is the nursery done or planned?

The nursery is the corner of my bedroom (City living!). Got the crib assembled. Have washed almost all the clothes. Just need to put the extraordinary crib set on the crib and I'll be all set!

- Are you having any complications now? briefly explain how the PG is going.

No complications at all at 34w2d. My iron is high. My energy is good. My blood pressure is still 110/70. All is going well. I wish I had a little more lung capacity, but I know I'll breathe a lot easier (in so many ways) once the diva makes her arrival.

- When is your next appoinment?

Next app't is 4/9. After that I start the weekly appt's. As soon as I reach week 37 I am going to start doing everything (especially sex!!!) to get the diva here! Really looking forward to sex since beloved hasn't come near me since week 12 when I had a spotting incident. Isn't that just way too long? We joke that its the longest either one of us has been without in our entire lives. Sometimes its funny, mostly I'm just . . . amorous (to be tactful). My husband is sooo beautiful I just want to assault him constantly. Can you tell, sex is on my mind? No one asked about it, but I still felt the need to discuss! Sorry, y'all! TMI, I know.

Want to take a minute here to give 3 cheers to our CL! Krista is the best! Krista is the best! Krista is the best! Yeah, Krista!

Best to all,

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2004 - 9:05am

I guess I will post here even though I am only on the cusp of the third trimester at 28 W 4 D.

How does it feel to start the countdown?

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-30-2004 - 2:57pm
Hi GUYS..not many of us in the third trimester..I, like Krista, havent started counting down yet..too soon. I will feel better when the baby has a better chance for viability. Every week after 28 means alot as thats when the baby puts on the most weight. I am skittish STILL. We arent decorating at all this time, dont knwo the sex anyway, but with a Pottery Barn Kids store one minute away, I plan to splurge after the birth and deocrate to the nines. We have a girls name, but not a boys and fight about it! i am sure it will be a boy cuz we dont have a name.

Glad to see who to look for next to give birth, there is Misty Dawn, then Colleen, Alexeyev next? Ah.

Beth

28 wks 4 days..

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-01-2004 - 10:59am
Gosh, Beth, you're so right! There are very few of us! I do hope that I'm next in line -- after Misty Dawn -- anytime after 4/23 (37 weeks). What happened with Misty Dawn? I thought she was going to be induced on Monday. See what happens when you go away for a few days? You're completely out of the loop!

So, Beth, I'm really glad the whole 5ths disease thing is behind you!

Alexeyev

34w5d and anxious to meet the diva! Of course, then a whole new set of anxieties will set in. Ah, well, so it goes.

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 3:45pm

Hi Alexayev,

Just checking in and seeing how you are doing! - Can you believe we are down to just days!!!

COLLEEN Parker eating a peach at 6 months
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-04-2004 - 7:11pm
Colleen!

So glad you posted! I've been wondering how you are! I am climbing the walls with the waiting, waiting, waiting! How are you? Please post an update! There are lots of new folks and I know that reading about the "veterans" is always a plus.

Sending you the "let the labor begin now" (ltlbn) vibes!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique