I am New

iVillage Member
I am New
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 7:42am
Hi Ladies!!! I am new here. I just found out on Sunday that I am pg. I am so mixed emotioned. I have two beautiful daughters, Samantha 8/31/93 and Victoria 7/08/00. I have also had two miscarriages: One at 9 weeks on 9/2/99 and a partial molar pregnancy on 11/21/02. I am so nervous. I went to the library to get out pregnancy books and I came home with facts about miscarriages. I had a blood test on Monday and the doctor said that my levels were great. I have been having lot of slight cramps and also have pressure. I think it could be gas and constipation caused by the pre-natal vitamins but who knows. I was also doing THE FIRM workouts 6 days a week before I found out that I was pregnant and then the doctor told me no more exercising till I get through the first trimester. Do any of you thing that stopping the exercising would cause some achiness and pressure? Those exercises require alot of squating and ab work. I am just trying to make excuses for the things I feel. I guess. I hope that through having people to talk to I can at least relax a little till I get throught the first trimester. My estimated due date in December 5, 2004. I am just praying that all will work out. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on.

Dawn

iVillage Member
In reply to: samntorismom
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 7:55am

Dawn,

congrats on your PG and welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 8:02am
Hello Dawn

Welcome to the board! I have been coming here since I found out I was pregnant and find it very helpful and comforting. It nice to know others can relate to what you are going through. I had some spotting early on in this pregnancy and the doctors also told me to take it easy. I even was told not to have sex! DH was not very happy about that LOL. But I had an u/s this week and everything looked good so the said I could resume "normal activities" I still am going to take it easy untill the first trimester is over at least. I am sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts your way that you have a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Dawn

DD Elizabeth 5/9/02

:( - 10/07/03

EDD 11/15/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 9:33am
I just wanted to welcome you and reassure you that you are in the right place. I have only been here a few weeks and these ladies have made me feel so good and uplifted me when I was down. You can ask anything and you always have someone who replies and can either give you an opinion or answer you. Everyone here as experienced loss so we all understand that you will have concerns that people that have never had that happen wouldnt understand. You will soon see that we question everything!!!! Your fears and concerns are completely understood here. WELCOME!!!

Carrie

dd 01/07/01

^i^ 11/19/03

edd 09/24/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-02-2004 - 4:51pm
Dawn,

It is perfectly normal to experience those cramps. I know for days when I wasn't really sure if I was pregnant I was feeling the cramps and thing AF would eventually show up. (I didn't test positive until 10 days late-I ovulated late)

Congratulations on the pregnancy and come often. This board is filled with a bunch of wonderful women! :)

Heather 8/5/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-05-2004 - 4:30pm
Dawn,

Welcome to the board! And congrats on your BFP!! Wishing you lots of SBVs!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Lynn

edd 9/19/04