thrilled!

iVillage Member
thrilled!
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 1:27am
Greetings!

Just dropping a quick note to let you know I have arrived! (Without the red carpet...not in the budget!)

I discovered my pregnancy about 24 hours ago so I'm still in a bit of shock. I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago, so this comes right on the heels of that experience. Trying to be optimistic and making a solid effort at not looking at statistics or medical studies!

So you all don't think I am an insomniac, my posts arrive super early because I am in Sweden. :)

Kristi

iVillage Member
In reply to: minnowuk
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 2:50am
Congrats Kristi!

I just read your other post on the EC board & it was written beautifully.

How nice not to need to go through a long drawn out oversought TTC methods after your mc. Although, it may also cause a bit more trepidition as well in that you have not had a lot of healing time either. I've only been on this board for about a week or so myself, but already feel welcomed here.

Everyone seems to understand our fears.

I personally feel pretty positive about this pg. I have my bad days & unfortunately suffer from anxiety so when they are bad I tend to show up here pretty irrational. It usually takes me a night to sleep on it & become excited again.

Congrats again!

Bonnie

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 7:59am
Welcome, Kristi!!

Your post on the EC board was extremely well written... please stay here with us and post often!

Congrats on your pregnancy.... I know you must be especially nervous coming right off an m/c. This is a great place to get support.

:) Sue

6w2d

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 9:49am
Welcome Kristi! This is a great place to alleviate your fears.

Congrats on your new bambino!

Hugs,

Jodi

EDD #1 11/29/03

~i~ 2/25/03

id. twin boys ~i~ 12/8/03

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 1:58pm
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate having a place like this where I can speak my mind. Initially I was all about hopes and happiness, but I have to admit I have some fear knocking on my door now. Guess it can't be avoided, so I am trying to adjust to it's presence and get on with life. Yes, my m/c is very recent so I know that is a big factor. I think once I manage to get into the doctor and get my HcG levels checked I will feel a lot better. And like you Bonnie, I am also capable of nervous rants! I will *try* to keep them to a minimum though... :)

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Kristi

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 10:31pm
Congratulations Kristi and welcome to the boards. We hope to have you here for a long time.

Heather 8/5/04

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2004 - 5:00pm

Kristi,

Congrats on your PG and welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board