So glad to find you guys!!

iVillage Member
So glad to find you guys!!
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 12:08pm
Hi there -

I popped into the middle of a discussion last night without introducing myself and its kindly been suggested I do so... was a little scared last night because I too have gone through this twice and am terrified I'll never make it past the first few weeks.

I'm Amy. I'm 35 and have been TTC on and off for about 6 1/2 years. DH & I were told chances were very slim, but we were not to be discouraged. As yet, we have only the 2 cats and a couple of heartbreaks. He's so excited about this one - its unexpected b/c we had decided in January enough was enough. Its hard to get your AF every month when you want so much not to!!

So here we go again, and I'm freakin' because my bbs stopped hurting so much yesterday, and they don't feel as... ummm... full, and I'm relatively fortunate in that this is really the only symptom I suffer, so its my only gauge. I'm very afraid I may not be here long, but as my body has a nasty habit of hanging on to everything I put in it, it may be a while before I know.

In reading some of the other messages I realize very clearly I am not the only one feeling this way, and I feel compelled to go add my 2 cents.

I saw something in one of the other boards that caught me... Baby dust to all... May the Universe let me stay.

Cheers, Amy:)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 12:13pm
Welcome Amy! And you are lucky to be so sxs free as some would say. But like you, I worry when I have none. My bbs have been come and go lately. That scares me because the last time I found out the boys were gone the day after they stopped hurting.

I love that saying!

Hugs,

Jodi

Bud 11/29/04

~i~ 2/25/04

id. twin boys ~i~ 12/8/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 1:09pm
Amy,

Just to let you know, my bb's never did hurt in my 1st pg until after I gave birth. In fact in the nursing class I was baffled when the teacher asked the changes in breasts & women started to rattle things off .... nobody stated the ONLY change I had & that was leaking colustrom starting around 4-5 mos. Needless to say when I got home the first room I visited was the bathroom so I could stare in the mirror & do some checking. Nope, didn't see anything they had described.

This time I swear they don't hurt some days, but they are definately less sensative today than they were a week or two agon. If they kept growing the whole nine months I think DD would be a thing of the past!

When your milk comes in, after delivery, they will HURT for 1-3 weeks, sometimes longer. The strange thing is, as your baby grows your milk supply becomes greater, yet your bb's still do not hurt. They get used to doing what they need to do & become much more efficient.

Hang in there!

If you want, let us know the furthest you have made it so we can all join you in your celebration as you pass that milestone.

Bonnie

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 2:30pm
Hi Amy, and welcome!!

I saw your introduction in the middle of the other thread, and I'm so glad you decided to stay here on our board. You will find it is a wonderful place, filled with women who understand EXACTLY what you're going through. The fear, the worries, the inability to be as excited as other pg women. And remember -- on this board, there's no such thing as TMI, so don't ever worry that you're telling us more than we can handle.

It's neat that you got pg when you and DH had sort of given up trying. My DH and I were taking a break -- life had become "unfun" for us, so we decided to BD when we wanted to instead of when the chart told us to, and just generally try not to obsess about it. And it happened for us the very first month!!

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you're with us until you're holding a healthy baby in your arms.

LeeAnne

Finally pg with #1

EDD 11/11/04

~i~ 10/7/03

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 4:37pm
I'm really glad to hear the soreness comes &goes, but I'm having a real struggle with it today. Not feeling very pregnant. However, talking with you guys is definately giving me some hope, &a better sense of peace. More than, god, I can't do this again, I'm feeling much more, well, maybe it really will be okay, &if its not, well, I can deal with it.

I made to my 10th week last time b4 my body finally gave it up. They said everything had probably stopped around the 5/6 week &there was nothing there but the sac. That helped get me through it, but I remember feeling betrayed by my body. Seriously, if you're giving up, GIVE IT UP... don't torture me.

Depending on what part of the chart you fill out, I'm somewhere btwn 5 & 6w, maybe as far as 6 & change, so I guess early to mid May, if nothing happens, I'll be somewhere btwn ecstatic & terrified. Can't remember the last time I even HELD a baby - they cry when I come near them & I hate to upset them!! lol

Meanwhile, I'll continue make myself nuts... the bbs are gonna hurt if for no other reason than for me poking at them to see if they hurt! And somewhere in these messages there is one from someone checking the tp everytime she goes, & a response about moonlight helping... I laughed & laughed - even dh knows I'm nearly obsessive about it & it irritates me no end when I don't want to turn on the light and wake him in the middle of the night, but I can't TELL!! :)

A friend at work finally convinced me, though I'm still not sure I see the point, I should go to the dr., & I'll be going on Monday - perhaps its late enough for an u/s to tell me if I can continue to hope or start getting ready for the end. Fingers & toes crossed, please??

You know, I totally stumbled across this site, and I'm finding myself, while a little guilty b/c I do feel so... let's say unpostive... about the outcome, very very glad I found it, and that I followed the link over here rather than getting discouraged by the temp cl over on the dec. board. How many times can I say thanks??

amy

edd 01/12-05/12

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 4:54pm
Welcome aboard, Amy! We are happy to have you! I too have suffered from two miscarriages and I'm now 17 weeks. By the way, I only had sore bbs just at the beginning. They go away. Hang in there! We're here to help!

Dorothy

9-16

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 6:07pm
Welcome, Amy! I'm so glad you found us! You will never find yourself alone in your worries, anxieties, and joys! This group is a fabulous group of women who are not only knowledgeable, but extremely supportive of one another. May the universe let you stay with us until you have a little bundle (other than the feline type) in your arms!

Best to you,

Alexeyev

35w6d

PS Kitties have special healing vibes. Highly recommend putting purring kitty on belly daily. Worked for me! (heeee)

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-09-2004 - 10:26pm
Congratulations, Amy and I hope to see more of you here.

Heather 8/5/04

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-10-2004 - 4:56pm

Amy,

Congrats on your PG and welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board