Afraid to go to the Dr.

iVillage Member
Afraid to go to the Dr.
Sun, 04-11-2004 - 9:03am
Last October, I had a miscarriage at 7W 5D, The words still ring in my ears as my Dr. performed the ultrasound and said "AHHHHH I'm so sorry!" The baby's heartbeat wasn't beating and there had been no growth. I had a D&C after 3 more weeks of waiting for nature to take it's course. After trying for 4 LONG months, I am finally pregnant again (6W) and I'm afraid to make my appointment. I'm afraid to hear those words again! I'm afraid of disappointing my DH, my family, friends and I'm afraid of making friends here, that I may disappoint with a depressing story when it doesn't work out again. Any similar experiences or words of encouragement would be appreciated.

EDD 12/11/04

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-11-2004 - 11:03am
Hi,

I had a similar experience. In 5/03 I had a missed m/c @ around 11 weeks. For the first 13 weeks, I was convinced there was no way I could actually carry a child to term. Every doctor's appointment brought stress. My in-laws thought I was defective and my husband was worried about my mental stability since I had a pretty bad depressive phase after my m/c. Anyway, I don't have a 100% success story to share, but I am here at 36 weeks with all going very well. It's very, very hard to be confident and not worry after a missed m/c. The best advice I can give you is post often, vent often and ask all the questions you can. There are so many women like you and me here. And they are all such wonderful women -- knowledgeable, supportive, and kind.

Good luck and make that appointment!

SBV's,

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-11-2004 - 11:19am
I know exactly how you feel. I had disappointment on the ultrasound table not once but twice after two missed m/c's last year. Everyone walks on eggshells around me when discussing pregnancy, and rightly so. I also had a lot of depression after the experience. My poor DH was wondering what happened to the woman he married. Now I'm pregnant again and scared to death. It helps that I'm having some m/s and other symptoms but even that does not calm me down. I go for an ultrasound on Wednesday and I'll probably be crying the whole time, good or bad results....it's such a trauma for me. You are not alone in your fears and they are perfectly justified. We can all just hope and pray for the best this time around.

Sue

6w3d

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-11-2004 - 3:33pm
Hi babybaum -

I also miscarried in October last year (at 8 weeks) which was followed by a D&C. I got my AF six weeks later and the doc said we could try again after AF. We did and we got pregnant on the first try - with twins no less! It really freaked me out when the test came up positive and I had to wait a few weeks for the first doctor appointment because I had no morning sickness (either time). I thought I knew that it was going to happen again and was so nervous until I saw two little flickering h/b's at my first appointment. Either way, whether good news or bad, your first appointment will ease your mind - it's better than not knowing or worrying (easier said than done!).

Good luck & let us know how you are doing!

Beth

~i~ 10/17/03

edd 8/30/04 (b/g twins)

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-11-2004 - 5:39pm
Thank you for your stories, this is such a wonderful place to receive much needed support. Sometimes the DH just doesn't understand. Thanks to everyone!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 5:20pm

I wanted to congratulate you on your pg and welcome you to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 5:44pm
I'm so glad I took your advise and went to the Dr., My HCG levels were right on but my Progesterine was too low, so I've been placed on Prometrium. I will have an ultrasound tomorrow morning and some more blood work done. Thanks for your advise, who know what would've happened had I not listened.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2004 - 3:43pm
Hello,

I am new here too, and I know exactly how you feel. I had a m/c in July and it was the same thing, went for an u-sound and I got the "oh, I'm so sorry, there is no heartbeat."

It's so nerve-racking going to the doctor or waiting to hear from them about test results. Sounds like you took some great advice and went. I hope everythiong works out well for you and that your progesterone level increases.

Best of luck, and thanks for sharing.

Take care,

Amy

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2004 - 9:23pm
Hey Babybaum -

I am so happy you went the doctor's...I was just thinking about you the other day and saying to myself "Did she go yet?". From the looks of it, lots of ladies need to take Prog. and are doing well with it. :D

Congratulations & a permanent welcome!!!

Beth

~i~ 10/17/03

edd 8/30/04 (b/g twins)

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-17-2004 - 12:05am
I know exactly what you are going through. I had a missed m/c in January at 13 weeks. I am now pregnant again and I was soooo scared to go back to the Dr's office and have an ultrasound again. I had my eyes closed during it until my DH squeezed my hand to reasure me that it was okay. And there it was. A beautiful little bean with a beating heart.

I think we are gonna be very scared probably throughout our entire pregnancy. But we have to try and overcome our fears and be able to enjoy our pregnancies to the fullest. I feel alot better now, even though its still so early.. Im gonna try and feel positive. I wish you all the luck and strength in the world. Let's keep each other posted!!

Eve

EDD 12/4/04

Lilypie Baby Days

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 5:50pm
Thanks for thinking of me! Had my ultrasound on 4/16/04 & saw the yolk sak and baby with the heartbeat trying to get jumpstarted (it was a little early) 5w 6d. Great news though, Today I passed my mark. The last missed m/c happened at this same 6w 5d! I'm nauseous as anyone could possibly be, exhausted, bloated, and highly sensitive to smells, which didn't happen with the 1st. Next U/S Wed 4/28. Thanks to everyone for your concern, Prior to posting I didn't have anyone to share my fears. My friends think I'm neurotic and DH is getting ready to commit me HA!! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!

Pages