worried

iVillage Member
worried
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 1:14pm
Hello

I'm new to all of this, but thought that maybe it would help.

I am newly pregnant 5 weeks now, but nervous as hell.

Our last pregnancy and first ended abruptly at 11 and a half weeks at an ultrasound where there was no heartbeat and we were told we had a missed abortion and the baby was estimated to be about 8 or 9 weeks when it died. we underwent a D & C on new years eve.

that pregnancy was with the help of clomid. well now we are pregnant again with the help of clomid, but i'm so nervous.

somedays i feel a little quesy (sp?) others i feel perfectly fine. las night i was having low back pain that finally went away this am. my husband says that it was because i ran yesterday and did situps. i don't think so.. no spotting though and only really mild cramps every once in a while.

the last miscarriage i had cramps but only some light brown spotting.

I really hope everyday all day long that this will all go fine, but i'm so scared it won't.

this time we decided to not tell anyone, and that is killing me because i tell my mom everything. I'm tempted to tell her for her support, but then she will be worrying too.

what do i do? and how the hell am i going to get through all of this?

iVillage Member
In reply to: hopefulritchhart
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 3:40pm
Hi,

I'm sorry for your loss and can completely understand everything you are going through. I am pregnant again after two mc, both at 9weeks 4 days. We have no explanation as neither time did the doctors do anything to get more info.

The hardest part is the waiting game. I dont' think I'm really that great at it, but I am learning to visualize good things (even when I'm feeling a little twinge in my back or pelvis) and breath deeply.

Try to do some breathing exercises where when you breath in you think to yourself that you are breathing in a "healthy and happy baby' and when you breath out, you're letting out all of your fear and anxiety. I know this sound a little hokey, but it has gotten me through a few really bad nights.

I finally gave in and told my mom. I really needed the support that only a mom can give. If you need reassurance have your ob test your hcg and then test it again 3-4 days later. It should give you the confidence that the baby is growing and everything will be fine.

good luck

kristen

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 4:13pm
Big Hugs!!

I know how hard it is to go through a pregnancy after miscarriage. I miscarried my third baby at 9 weeks in January 2003. I got pregnant again in May/June and was a nervous wreck! I would lie in bed trembling, I was so scared.

With my miscarriage I spotted brown too for almost 2 weeks until I miscarried. With my pregnancy (after the miscarriage), I also spotted for a little while in the first trimester. That was terrifying. Everything ended up fine and I have a healthy, happy beautiful baby boy right now (who is 3 months old).

I know it's so hard to "not worry" but I hope you find some peace of mind soon. We are all here to listen, talk or just vent to.

Hugs, Tracy

#4 Surprise! EDD 12.10.04

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 5:35pm

Hi,

congrats on your PG and welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 6:30pm
Kristen,

I just want to thank you. I've been going nuts just worrying about every little thing. Last pregnancy I tried not to worry but I did, it almost makes me feel I caused the miscarriage with all my worrying.

I really want to thank you though, I don't feel so alone now.

All I can do is think happy thoughts as much as possible. My husband and I like to joke that we are going to have triplets this time, to just keep us in good humor. Although he is an identical twin and would love to have a multiple.

I wish you luck as well and hope we keep in touch, I will be thinking those happy thoughts for you as well.

thank you

paige

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 6:36pm
Tracy

Thank you for your reply it really made me feel much better, as I told kristen i don't feel so all alone now. And I think if I keep in touch with everyone that it will help to get through the longest nine months of my life. However, i'm sure i'll have other times as well.

thankyou for your thoughts.

Paige

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-12-2004 - 6:41pm
Krista,

thankyou so much for your reply. I guess I just realized that my replies are all listed under my message and I could have written one in general, however, everyones replies meant a lot to me, and I think that with a little help, we might be able to make it through all of this.

as for my exercising, my doctor told me not to run with the previous pregnancy to avoid a miscarriage, well that certainly didn't help - we still miscarried. I came to the conclusion that I mentally need to exercise at least walking and slow jogging a couple days a week because the endorphins help with all of my anxiety. however I think i might not do that many crunches. and as the pregnancy progresses i'm going to get a heartrate monitor.

thankyou for all of your thoughts and support I really appreciate and am glad I have found some friends.

paige