Hi, edd nov. New here and v.nervous

iVillage Member
Hi, edd nov. New here and v.nervous
Wed, 04-14-2004 - 1:08pm
Hi there,

I'm Nik, from the uk, i'm 25 and i am 7 weeks pg. I live with my bf of 7 1/2 years Anthony, we have a gorgeous little girl, Caitlin who will be 4 on july 1st. Last year i lost a baby at 9 and a half weeks, i had what they call a 'missed miscarriage!! I had a d/e july 29th 2003. Now i am pg again and am very nervous, tho i am trying my hardest to relax.

I found out i was pg then the week after had spotting on and off for a week accompanied with cramps and sharp pains. Have only just had my pg confirmed by the doctor (long story there) and am waiting to hear from the midwife. I am scared that when i go for my scan there will be nothing there...like last year....that is the one thought that i cannot shift at the moment. I feel well and have plenty of pg symptoms...yey!!!! But i am sure you will all know how nervous i feel.

I just wanted to introduce myself really and say hi to all you ladies ;o)

Hopefully, i will get to know you all in due time.

Nik

x

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2004 - 9:46pm
Nik

Welcome! You'll find yourself surrounded by equally nervous, but supportive and knowledgeable women here. Really the women here have kept me sane (well, as sane as I've ever been) during this long gestational anxiety! Good luck and keep posting!

SBV's

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 1:52pm

Hi Nik -

I had a missed m/c too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

^i^ 8/20/03

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 4:40pm
Hi Nik,

Welcome to the board. I am pretty new here myself, maybe a month or so. I am 29yrs old from the USA (New York City) and I had a Partial Molar Pregnancy which was terminated with a D&C in October 2003 (I was 20 weeks, with a girl). Molar pregnancies are so rare in the USA (1%)that you have a better chance at winning the lottery, yet unfortunately for me I was that 1%. It was very difficult emotionally, sometimes it stills hurts. To think that right now I should have had my baby in my arms, instead I mourn her as she has been gone 6 months now.

I am 8weeks pregnant now. I was supposed to wait a year before TTC again but when mother nature wants something to happen it just does. And here I am due November 23,2004. All is good so far. I had two (Level 2)sonograms already and have heard the heart beat. Normally they would have made me wait until my 10th or 11th week before they did the sonograms etc., but because of the last pregnancy I am considered a "high risk". They say if I have any severe cramps or bleeding at all I should contact my doctor immediately....you should probably do the same. Any little thing that I sense wrong I will tell my doctor... even just for precaution. So far though everything has been fine. My next appointment is in a month, to hear the heart beat and then when I am 18weeks I get another sonogram. That's the plan anyway. Each day that passes puts me a little more at ease, even though it will be quite a while before I can say I am truely RELAXED.

I wish you the best of luck. My prayers are with you and your little one.

<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

Desiree

Ashleigh 2yrs old

^i^ Luna 10/17/03

EDD 11/23/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2004 - 1:28pm

Hi

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your Pregnancy. Feel free to post any fears, joys, and updates on your PG, the ladies on this board know how scary it is to be Pregnant again after a loss and we will help support you through this PG.

Your fears are all normal.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board