New Here - after two losses

iVillage Member
New Here - after two losses
Wed, 04-14-2004 - 3:32pm
Hi all! I'm new here and had two losses one in June and one in December. I'm so nervous this time. We saw the heart beat this morning and it's even more real. So I'm even more scared. Any encouraging words to help. EDD 12/6 - Dina
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2004 - 5:10pm
Dina, I understand your fear COMPLETELY!!! I was so able to keep myself detached so I wouldn't be too upset if it didn't work. When I saw and heard the heartbeat, I couldn't help but get attached and now I am even more scared.

This is a great group of women! I am sure you will fit right in!!!

Hugs,

Jodi and My bud

Edd 11/29/04

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2004 - 7:42pm
Dina,

I also suffered two losses and saw the heartbeat this morning for the first time, just like you! I know how you feel... I want to be excited, and I'm letting myself a little bit. But I'm also scared to death.... afraid of letting myself get hurt again. But seeing the heartbeat is a very good sign that things might turn out okay. There isn't much more we can do besides take care of ourselves and hope and pray for the best. Keep posting here, the women are so wonderful and supportive.

:) Sue

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-14-2004 - 7:50pm
Congratulations and Welcome!

It is so scary, especially in the beginning. I am just about to hit the second trimester and am feeling a little relieved finally. Try to take it day by day and cherish the time!

Jen

10/31

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 9:36am
Thank you so much. As hard as it is- it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm so afraid to get attached but it's so hard when you see that little heart beat. And that's what scares me more.

Thank you Sue and I hope all goes well with you two. Neat we saw the heart beats on the same day. When is your edd?

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 9:59am
Hi Dina,

I suffered two losses last year and I'm now 35 weeks pregnant and everything has gone perfectly this time around. I literally have not had one problem! It's been smooth sailing and in a month or so our little one will be here! I must admit I worried every day probably up until about 6 months or so, but I just didn't share it with everyone, just my DH. Being worried at this time for you is perfectly normal. Just make sure to do all you can to get the best preventetive care possible, make yourself rest a little bit more throughout this pregnancy, and keep lots of faith! All those things put together worked for me.

Best wishes and sending lots of baby dust your way! Sandy, DH and Baby EDD 5/19

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 10:23am
Dina... my edd is 12/1, just 5 days before yours....

How cute that you have a Christmas tree next to your name!

:) Sue

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-15-2004 - 11:42am
How exciting keep me posted.

Have you told anyone? I'm afraid to do that too.

The Christmas tree is for good luck.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2004 - 1:22pm

Hi

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your Pregnancy. Feel free to post any fears, joys, and updates on your PG, the ladies on this board know how scary it is to be Pregnant again after a loss and we will help support you through this PG.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board