Hi all -- I guess I qualify for this....

iVillage Member
Hi all -- I guess I qualify for this....
Tue, 04-20-2004 - 7:11am
board now so thought I would introduce myself as I've been lurking a little bit over the past few days. I am 5 weeks pregnant today so I'm very early on and it looks like a Christmas baby for me if all goes well.

My story in a very small nutshell: I have a son who is 4.5 years old. When he was 19 months old, I gave birth to his first sister. However, we learned after birth that she had multiple heart defects and she was only with us for 12 days. I love her and miss her dearly and always will. Her birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks on May 7th and then her angel day on May 19th. I also have another daughter who was born just 46 weeks after Kaylyn. So I had 3 children in 2.5 years and felt like I had been pregnant forever! Now my youngest is 2 and we started trying a few months before she turned two. I got pregnant in January but miscarried at 6 weeks in February. We waited one cycle and then tried again and we caught the egg so now I am at 5 weeks as I mentioned above.

I went for an HCG test yesterday and will go again on Thursday to see how the #s are doing. I have pregnancy symptoms but I'm just not sick. I'm tired, hungery at night, my boobs are sore, and my face is breaking out but I'm not sick which is new for me. I would rather be sick I think for a little comfort. But I know God is in control of these little lives and I need to rest in Him and find the peace there that I need to get through these 9 months.

So that's my story. I don't tend to post too often but I do lurk and pop in now and then on boards.

Hugs,

Kellie

DS(4.5)

~Kaylyn~ 5/7-5/19/01

DD (2)

~i~ mc 2/18/04

and a gift due around Christmas

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2004 - 7:48am
kellie

i just wanted to welcome you to this board. i don't post here very often, mostly just reading. i had to post to you ,though becasue our stories are very similar. i have 5 children right now, ages 11, 10, 6, 3, 15months. we were ready to have our 6th and final child, but since i had only been off the depo since sept 03 i knew it could be almost a year before i conceived. well, i found out the first week of feb that i was pregnant, and it was a pleasant surprise. i didn't feel pregnant,though because ia m usually very sick in the first 4 months. i m/c on feb 18th at 6 weeks. i was devestated. we decided not to wait two cycles. af came 4 weeks later and then we used a ferning scope and i know for a fact that i conceived on march 29th. i got my first bfp at 7dpo. my numbers at 11dpo were 278 and at 14 dpo were 976. i have been sick (vomiting) to the point of going to the er for dehydration, so i have a feeling this little one(or ones because i am exhibiting early signs of twins and they run in my family) is going to stick. i am due around 12/20...12/22 a christmas baby just like you! today i am 5 weeks and 1 day. if you have questions or just need to talk, please feel free to email me at candc5@msa.attmil.ne.jp. i think it would be neat to be edd buddues.

sending you lots of sticky baby dust!!!

cathy

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2004 - 8:40am

Hi Kellie,

Congrats on your PG.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2004 - 9:22am
I just wanted to say Welcome to the board!!! I am sorry for all that you have been through. ((((HUGS))) Wishing you a H&H 9 months.

Keisha and baby!!!

Due to arrive around 10-07-04

Keisha 

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-20-2004 - 11:19am
Kelli,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Congratulations on the pregnancy. I am almost 5 weeks, so hopefully we will be going through the next 9 months together! Keep us posted on your counts. I am going every 2-3 days as well to keep track of hcg levels, not at all nerveracking is it??

You're in my prayers!

Take care & hugs!

Amy