Just coming over from TTC after mc/

iVillage Member
Just coming over from TTC after mc/
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 6:33pm
Hi Ladies-

I wanted to just say hello. This is my first time over here. I have been on ttc after m/c since about Jan after a little healing. I know I have read some posts and it sounds like many of us are in the same boat. DH and I decided to start trying July 2003 by Sept I was pg.. Novemeber 17 I began to spot and got very scared, I guess womanly instinct, and made DH take me to the emergency room since it was a Sunday. The Dr. in the er had said that my cervix was completly closed and was just irritated due to bd the day before however my hcg were quite low for someone who was 12wk. SO on monday I went to dr. and sent for u/s and the baby had stopped growing at 7wks. I had a d&c the following day. We took about 2 months off and started officially trying again in Feb. Now I am here and about 4-5wks prego. I am very excited but very scared. We have only told our parents and 3 of our closest friends. We don't want to tell anyone for fear of something happening again. I want to just be sooo excited and sharing the news with the world!! My dr. is wonderful. I am going to have my hcg tested weekly (my choice) and I have my 1st u/s May 11 at about 7wk. I am hoping everything ends up aokay this time especially since my EDD is 12/26-12/28....

I also miss the girls at ttc, and I am still offering support but feel guilty being there... so I decided since I am ivillage addict to come over here for a try...SO here I am.

Jenn

~i~ 11/17/03

EDD 12/28/04

~Jenn~

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 7:13pm
Hi Jenn,

First of all...congratulations and welcome!! You have come to the right place. I know it's difficult to leave the TTCAM board since you feel so close to everyone there already. It's hard in the beginning of a pregnancy since you might feel as if you don't quite fit in on any of the boards. You aren't really TTC anymore, but maybe you don't feel ready to move to a "pregnant" board yet. Just know that most of us here were in the same place you were not long ago, and we are here to support you.

I am sorry for your previous loss and wish you nothing but happy things with your current pregnancy. The beginning is always difficult...just know that the chances of having two m/c in a row are actually very slim.

Hugs,

Jen

EDD 8/4/04

~i~ 7/3/03

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 7:22pm
Welcome! I moved from that board to this one at the end of February. You will feel at home right away if your experience is like mine. I still can't believe I'm here. I just made it to 12 weeks, my biggest goal!!

Jen

EDD 10/31/04

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 9:38pm
Hope this thread is not just limited to Jen's because I would like to welcome Jenn aboard too!

Hey Jenn, I too just graduated from the TTCAMC board myself. I had a hard time posting here & I think it took about 2-3 weeks for me to warm up. I think I spent more of my time in the grad section of the TTCAMC. Eventually I started to see more names I recognized & started to chime in!

Go to this thread & sign in for December EDD, if you read through you'll probably see some familiar names.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-ppaftermisc&msg=39680.1&ctx=256

Congrats!

~SBV~SBV~

Bonnie 12/6

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2004 - 7:57am

Jenn,

Hi, Congrats on your PG and welcome to the board.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2004 - 10:24am
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Congratulations on your positive! We will be talking with you later! P.S. Your baby has my birthday!

Dorothy

9-16 with Colin Thomas

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2004 - 11:17am
Hello,

Welcome to the PAL board. I am new here also but I love it. I try to read and post every other day or so. The ladies here are all so understanding. No question is too silly. We are all afraid and extra catious about every little thing. So again welcome here. It is a nice place to be after TTC. I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly for you this time!!!!!

Carrie

dd 01/07/01

~i~ 11/19/03

edd 09/24/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2004 - 9:45pm
Thanks so much-

You all have alreday made me feel welcome here. I am soo sad because I had made some really good friends with ttc but now they just stopped emailing and posting to me. I will just have to let them know I am still here and I am still here for support like my husband said to me today just because we are pg again doesn't mean that we don't still hurt from our loss and other people who have m/c should know that. Thanks for being here!!

Jenn

~Jenn~

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2004 - 5:09pm
I just wanted to say hi and I just moved over here from the same board as you. It took me awhile to be able to post here. I just mostly looked around. But I am so excited to be here and everyone seems very nice. It makes me feel better because everyone here knows how I feel. I was just telling dh that it makes me feel better knowing others have been through the same fears as I still have. And that we are not alone.

GL,

Danielle

our baby angel 1/18

edd Christmas

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2004 - 8:13pm
Hi Jenn and others who just came over from the ttcam board. I was there too and am starting to lurk here and the december 2004 board as well. It is great to see names i know and I hope more are able to join us soon.

Wishing us all healthy and happy pgs

Cinnamon

DS 3/97

~i~ 02/04

EDD 12/23/04
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-30-2004 - 6:43pm
Your story is almost like mine. I found out I was pregnant in December and had some spotting and miscarried on Feb 17th. They sad the pregnancy had not progressed past about 4 weeks. I found out this past Tuesday that I am pregnant again and went to see the Dr. today. He has scheduled an appointment for an early US for 5/19 so I can see the heartbeat (God willing) to try to help ease my mind. I am so worried.

Pages