Hi I'm New

iVillage Member
Hi I'm New
Fri, 05-07-2004 - 11:47am
I used to post here a long time ago. It was so helpful to me and everyone was so nice. I've had around 5 miscarraiges and I have a 2year old son (Thank you God). My last loss was after my son 1 year ago this month. I was 6 months pregnant. I lost that baby due to a defect.

Most of my miscarriages have been because of endometriosis. My endometriosis is back now and it took me a whole year to get pregnant again after the last loss. I just tested positive on Saturday with a faint line

Being overly paranoid I've taken about 6 tests since the first. It's 5 days later and the line is still the same light line. I'm convinced that this is a blighted ovum like all the rest but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. My first appt. is Monday but I think it will be too early to tell anything. I'll ask for an hcg blood draw and a repeat in 3 days and then I'll probably have a pretty good idea.

It's nice to know this board is still around when I really need it. Thanks for listening. Chris : )

iVillage Member
In reply to: sofi2004
Fri, 05-07-2004 - 2:46pm

(((((((((((((((((((((((((CHRIS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

HUGE HUGS!!!!! I cannot imagine going through so many losses and my heart just breaks in pain. I am soooo sorry. Life is sooo unfair sometimes.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new pregnancy and I hope and pray it will be a happy story this time. When I found out I was pg in Nov my line was very faint as well. Moreover I used different brands of HPT and some never showed positive at all. I was absolutely convinced it was chemical pg or something else but not a valuable pg. I got a blood draw and numbers were just GREAT. I am still confused why HPT at 18dpo with FMU was negative when blood draw at 20dpo was thousands. I guess sometimes you just don't have enough HCG in your urine to show a strong line and that is not an indication of anything being wrong. I hope your Dr will monitor you closely and do everything to give you extra reassurance you need. But I also know how hard it is to stay positive and trust that everything will be fine after you've been on a "wrong" side of statistics. I have hard time after only (?) one loss, it must be so much harder for you after five. So do what you can and need to feel better and if it is staying "cautious" and pessimistic - then that's what you need to do to get through. Some women found that conscious effort to be happy for being pregnant right now and celebrating every moment of new pg instead of worrying about tomorrow helps a lot. I wasn't very successful with that. We all have our own ways with dealing with all the stress and scare of pg after loss and we all are here to help each other in any way we can. Please lean on us in any support you need and keep us updated in your progress. We all are here "pulling" for you and a little miracle baby and wishing you H&H nine months with bouncy bundle of joy at the end.

*hugs

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
In reply to: sofi2004
Sat, 05-08-2004 - 7:59pm

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board