Posting Cautiously....

iVillage Member
Posting Cautiously....
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 8:50am
I got a BFP on Friday....not sure if I'm excited or scared or what! I suffered a loss last July. That pg was totally unplanned and would have given us three kids under three. This pg is a little less of a surprise, even though we weren't officially "trying" we kinda "forgot" what CD it was for me and well, here we are.

With my loss I started spotting at 10 weeks, went in for an ultrasound and the baby had stopped growing at about 6 weeks. I think I'll be ok once I get past the 10 week mark...I hope. I go for a confirmation appt next Monday then the longer consultation appt on June 4 (DS's second bday!). I'm hoping they will do an early ultrasound so I can put my mind at ease. Oddly enough, I'm less nervous about mc this time than I have been before...weird...maybe because I know what to expect??

I see some familiar names here from the PG Loss board last summer and I'm so excited for you guys - Krista and Nikki ((( HUGS ))) !! I'm sure there are more names I'll recognize as I lurk through all the posts.

Thanks for letting me ramble...

Felicity

EDD 1/16/05

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 10:45am
Welcome!!! I had the same feeling this time also. After having a m/c I was scared at some points but I also had a calm. I knew what to expect either way. I will be praying for you and pg to be healthy. I found this board just by stumbling around on the internet and now I just love to come her every couple days. These ladies are sooo supportive of each other and I think that it is great.

Carrie

edd 09/24/04

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 11:15am
Ramble away and welcome! We all ramble here! ;) This is a great group of ladies, very supportive and understanding. They have helped me thru some rough worries.

Look forward to your updates and getting to know you too!

Hugs,

Jodi and lil bud

#1 due 11/26/04

~i~ 2/25/03

id. twin boys ~i~ 12/8/03

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-12-2004 - 5:56pm

Felicity, So nice to see you here. I know this is hard not to worry, but everyone here is great and supportive.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2004 - 11:43am
I'm glad to see you here too! :) Now I get you in "stereo" !!! HHAHAHA

Worry is my middle name - actually paranoid is more like it. I try not to think too much about it and take the "whatever happens-happens" attitude. I won't quit worrying about this pg until I give birth. Then it will be a whole new set of worry!

Felicity

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2004 - 1:44pm

Felicity

I am so happy to see you here.

Krista - Mommy to Gabriel (June 10, 2004)

Proud to be CL of Pregnant after a loss board 

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2004 - 4:17pm
Krista -

I'm so excited for you!! I've been sifting through the posts...I see lots of familiar names here. It gives me hope and inspiration.

I have a consultation appointment with a new doctor on Thursday. Someone closer to work and home. I love my current doctor but it took me almost 2 hours to get there on Monday. Monday was my initial appointment, just for confirmation purposes (urine only) and my prenatal blood work.

I'm scared but excited. I don't want to set myself up for a let down this early. Although this time seems to be more like my other two successful pregnancies so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Can't wait to see how things turn out for you!!! Keeping my fingers crossed and sending prayer that the baby turns soon!!

((((HUGS))))

Felicity