Bleeding at 13 weeks

iVillage Member
Bleeding at 13 weeks
Sat, 05-22-2004 - 2:00am
Hi!

I have been reading posts since I found I was pregnant 10 weeks ago. I have had 3 miscarriages and am starting week 14 of an unplanned and very surprising pregnancy. Anyhow, I woke up Thursday and found blood when I went to the bathroomm. Needless to say, I freaked out. I called my Dr and he saw me immediately. When he did the ultrasound the heartbeat was strong and the baby was moving all over the place. I am trying not tro stress... my miscarriages were all very early (6-8 weeks). But i was reading that some of you had miscarriages as late as 20 weeks. Did you have good ultrasounds prior to your losses? I just wonder if I will ever get to the point where I can relax and just enjoy this pregnancy, or if I will keep worrying about every little thing... help!!

-Donovan, 10

-Kyah, 4

-Aidan, 2

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2004 - 8:07am
I know that this is not what you want to hear, but during my last pregnancy, I bled for the first time at 13 weeks. I had an u/s and they thought that I had a low lying placenta. The baby was perfectly healthy and moving around like crazy (and so cute! we have the best pic from that baby). I bled on and off for the next two weeks. I went back to the doc at 14w4d and heard a strong hb. 3 days later at 15w, I started having contractions. My water broke the next morning and I lost my baby boy.

I really don't mean to worry you and you should not be, but I wanted to answer your question b/c I know how desperate you are for info. Mine was a very very rare case. I would relax and try to get as much info as you can from the doc and go immediately if you start bleeding again.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Lisa

EDD 11/22/04

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-22-2004 - 6:25pm
I have also had three m/c's. My first was at 13 weeks, but I didn't have any bleeding. Just sitting in front of the computer one day, feeling sorta menstrual crampy, and all of a sudden my water broke. The other two were at 7 weeks and began with spotting. With my last pregnancy I had spotting at 30 weeks, but it turned out to be from an undetermined source, and my son was born healthy and full term! I of course freaked out at the time, but I have read over the past 10 months on this site many many instances where women spot and bleed at varying stages during their pg and go on full term, even after m/c. So hang in there - sam & I will be cheering for you!

Misty

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2004 - 11:36pm
thanks for your reply. I went back to the doctor this week... the bleeding completely subsided after a couple of hours and the ultrasound is still looking good. I am holding on to positive thoughts and relaxing as much as possible!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2004 - 7:33am
That is exactly what you should do. I am sure that everything will be great. Sending positive thoughts your way as well : )

Lisa

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2004 - 10:18am

Glad you're feeling better.

There are actually lots of pretty innocuous things that can cause bleeding during pregnancy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

^i^ 8/20/03