September Moms Check In:.)

iVillage Member
September Moms Check In:.)
Fri, 05-28-2004 - 9:41am
Good Morning Everybody!

Thanks for all of the welcome wishes:.) I thought it might be fun to have all of us check in on Fridays to see how everyone is doing! So here goes...

This was a crazy week for us. I had my OB appointment this week, and our little girl is doing just fine...I love OB appointments because they are sooooo comforting! The unfortunate part of the visit was that we live in the Midwest where we have been getting hit with lots of hail & high winds. Well, since my DH comes to all my appointments (he's such a sweetie)...we had both of our trucks at the same place. You probably know the next line already...both trucks now have hail damage:.( On to the better news. My DS has his first wiggly tooth, and he also graduated from Pre-K this week!

Our little girl is still kicking like crazy at her routine times during the day. She loves to kick me it the bottom:.) I keep thinking that a little foot is going to pop out back there! She still makes me nervous when she doesn't kick for a while. Do you remember when we start counting movements in an hour?

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!!! It's suppose to be stormy here until Tuesday, but we'll still have fun. Did you get a maternity swimsuit yet??? My DS & I can't wait to start swimming:.)

Patty

DS 9/98

DD due 9/13/04

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2004 - 12:50pm
Hi Patty,

Checking in from the Coast of Virginia! Yep, I've worn my maturnaty swimsuit to the beach a couple times so far. Sorry to hear about your vehicle hail damage. I grew up in Oklahoma and have seen hail damage many times.

All is going well here. I had my glucose test yesterday and will find out the results at my next OB appt. on June 1st. I'm also scheduled for an u/s and am looking forward to seeing our little one. On the last u/s my Dr. told us he thinks it's a girl!(My DH is still holding out hope it's a boy.) It's funny you should mention about all the low kicks your little girl is giving you. Because I've noticed how much different this baby kicks then my son did. I get so many kicks towards my bottom. It's such a stange feeling! I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in getting beat up down below.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Shannon

JT: 9-4-00

edd: 9-8-04

(25 weeks!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-31-2004 - 8:03pm
Hello, September mommies! I'm here in the Delaware Valley in New Jersey, waiting patiently for summer to be over so I can see my little girl.

I'm not doing as well as I wish I was-- I've had one complication after another, and it's been and continues to be really rough. I'm not looking forward to spending the summer in bed, but it just may turn out that way.

Going in the morning to have my thyroid checked and to get the results of the heart monitoring I had on Saturday. Hopefully we'll figure out what's wrong, so we can start fixing it.

I'm trying really hard to hang on to the fact that this will all be worth it in just three months-- focusing not on how crappy I feel, but on feeling the little one move and kick and rolling around in there. That helps a lot.

Llyra

EDD 9-8-04

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-01-2004 - 12:28pm
Well I am sooooo excited about this idea of us September moms checking in on Friday. I think that it is a wonderful idea and a way to bring us all closer as the time creeps on. I logged on and saw the Sept moms check in and was thrilled. I had just been thinking to myself that the only time I have been posting was to welcome the new posters and their questions. Anyways, I am enjoying this pregnancy sooo much. Things are going great so far. I have only gained 4 pounds but my belly sticks out so I guess it is going to the right place. I have some hip problems and pain. I am starting to get a little uncomfortable laying down and stuff. This baby has just been bouncing off the walls. haha

We get our u/s done tomorrow and I have finally talked my husband into finding out the sex if we can tell. We are really hoping for a boy. I have a dd from a previous relationship and we met when she was 6 months old so we have raised her together. We only want one child and it would be great to have one of each sex. We are in the process of buying our first house. Closing is set for Thursday at 3 so we are really close. Well I just want to ask everyone to stay committed to our Friday postings. I think that it will be really fun.

Carrie

dd 01/07/01

~i~ 11/19/03

edd 09/24/04