June 7 - 2nd trimester Roll Call

iVillage Member
June 7 - 2nd trimester Roll Call
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 12:03pm

WOO HOO for second trimester! Definitely the best part: you hopefully feel much more confident in your pg now and all the exciting stuff (first flitters and baby movements, no more m/s and level 2 u/s - all the fun) happening here. Congratulations on making it here and tell us all your news! Are you starting to plan for the baby? Any purchases yet? How are you feeling and what are your plans for testing? Did you have your big u/s yet or when it scheduled?

*hugs

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 12:23pm
I'm here! I'm here! I did make it!!!

Although my ms has not gone away. It left for nearly 2 weeks, but it's back now, in a whole other form. I'm not nauseous 24/7 like before, but as the day progresses I become more & more bloated and by 1 hr after dinner my belly can take no more & kicks out any food that has yet to be digested.

My u/s should be in somewhere in the 1st weeks of July. (I get one more toward the end of pg to check up on my dermoid cyst.)

I started to feel flutters a couple of days ago, cannot wait until they are identifiable kicks - even better when dh can feel them too!

I also cannot wait until my belly stops looking so squishy & takes that firm pg belly look. Slipping into summer clothes, I want people to know it's a baby I'm lugging around, not fat.

Bonnie (14w2d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 1:39pm
I am here!!! Yay!!!

Finally feeling more confident and pregnant.

Today I am at 16w2d and feeling the baby move more often. My belly has gone from looking "fat" to "when are you due?" seemingly overnight. No more pretending to wear non-maternity clothes for me!

I have had my cerclage in place (for incompitent cervix) since 11w6d and I have my next cervix check on Wednesday. At last appt I had about 3/4 cm of cervix but not dialating yet. ***cheer*** We are going to try and talk doc into a quicky u/s Wed, if not our BIG one will be in about 2-3 weeks :) We are also having the AFP drawn Wed...mainly because out Sept angel was lost to trisomy 18 and other genetic defects. We won't further our testing past the afp, except an ultrasound, because the effects won't change our feelings for the baby. BTW, my doc said that any vag bleeding can cause the afp to come back elevated...just a note for those who have had spotting. My placental tear has also healed nicely and I have had no more spotting in the past few weeks!

A big note, we have already scheduled the removal of my stitch! It will come out on 10/30 (if my cervix holds up until then ) and if history repeats itself, I will have a baby in the few hours preceeding!

No weight gain yet, although I feel it coming...I am STARVING most of the time. M/s has crept out the back door to make room for my ravenous appetite!

We haven't made any purchases yet...still a little afraid to jinyx anything, although after Wed appt we have decided to buy a bag of diapers every payday until full bedrest hits me.

All in all, I am slowly coming out of lurkdom again to join the world of the preggers.

Gl and nice to see everyone again...I might not post much anymore, but I am here!

Chrissy and little drumstick, edd 11/20, but will probably be a little Spook.

Chrissy

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 2:25pm
Hi All-

I have not posted much, but have been lurking for a while and do post occasionally. I am currently 24 weeks with my 2nd child. I went in to pre-term labor with my first at 27 weeks, Jacob passed away due to complications of pre-maturity at 8 days. So far I am doing well, my physical condition is far better than my mental condition. I don't think I will breath easy until I hit 30 weeks. Baby is moving around like crazy although my husband is not patient enough to keep his hand on my stomach long enough to feel it. Since I am seeing the high risk doctor I have had 6 ultrasounds so far, but we are not finding out what the baby is - still want it to be a surprise the day it arrives. I am going every other week to the doctor to have my cervical length checked and I am also getting weekly injections of 17P alphahydroxy progesterone caproate. So until I get to the 30 week mark I am not allowing myself or anyone else to buy me anything - it definitely sucked last time to return all my shower gifts after Jacob died.

that's it for me-- I hope we all have successful and enjoyable pregnancies!

take care-

Amy

Jacob 5/22/03-5/30/03

#2 EDD 9/26/04

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 2:49pm
Hi,

Well, i am very happy to have made it here. Today i am 14wks 5days. Although i feel much better physically, I have my good days and bad days emotionally. I don't have anymore m/s and although my breasts are feeling very full, they don't hurt as much. And I have gotten a lot of my energy back. So I feel good about that but...last year when i had mc, I lost all symptoms. I called my dr because I was bleeding (so lightly, I actually felt a little silly calling). He asked how I felt. I told him I felt great. All my symptoms had disappeared. That should have been my first clue. Anyway, now I feel good and I am scared. So I rented a doppler. I can hear my baby's hb now when I start to feel like something is wrong.

I am going for my next appt. Wed at 15wks and then will have blood taken next wk and make appt for level 2 u/s.

Thanks for listening,

Christine

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 2:51pm
Well, I think I am here now. I am counting 13 1/2 weeks as the second trimester. Is that right? I have started to feel flutters, but not on a consistent basis. I have good days and bad days with the m/s. My next dr. appt. is in 2 weeks and I am so nervous to hear the h/b with the doppler. They could not find it at my almost 12 weeks appt. so thankfully they did a quick u/s and the baby had a strong h/b and was very squirmy! My DH and I have decided not to find out the gender this time. We want the big suprise at the end. I won't do any of the other testing they offer. Take care everyone!

Ann 12/10

http://s494.photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 4:46pm
Hi! I'm 17w 4d today. We are doing lots of window-shopping so far, but the only thing we've bought are some tiny plastic hangers for baby's clothes! However, we have acquired quite a lot of hand-me-down gear from family members, like a bassinette, pack & play, etc. Right now our focus is on de-cluttering the room that will become baby's, so that when we do start buying big stuff, we'll have a place to put it!

I declined the triple-screen test because I didn't want the additional stress. My big u/s is scheduled for next Tuesday (6/15), and it's with a high-risk group, so I didn't see the need to worry with a blood test that frequently comes back with a false positive.

Belly rubs to you all!

LeeAnne

Finally pg with #1!

EDD 11/11/04

~i~ 10/7/03

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 5:12pm
Lynn here! 25 weeks now! Looking forward to the 3rd trimester and appts every 2 weeks! Can't wait!

All is well with the little guy. We had our u/s on April 30th and found out we're expecting our second boy. My next appt is June 16th. I'll have my glucose test then. Hopefully that will turn out all right. I'm not too worried about it.

We haven't really started planning a whole lot yet. I almost bought an outfit for him, but then chickened out. Didn't want to jinx anything. Hoping to be braver next month when we're home again in our house. DH and I have talked again about "D" names (tradition in DH's family) but haven't started making our lists of favorites yet.

Lynn

DS 5/01

^i^ 9/03 (edd 4/04)

DS #2 edd 9/19/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 5:16pm
I'm here! 26 weeks tomorrow. Feeling just great! No tests, no u/s, no purchases. I have everything I need really! Except I guess for film for the birth photos & disposable cameras for the kids to take pics of the birth! Other than that, just enjoying my growing belly and wiggley baby! :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 6:45pm
I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and so happy to have gotten this far with out completely losing it. With my other two pregnancies, dd - Jan 15/98 and ds - Feb 8/01, I was ignorantly blissful throughout the pregnancies. I had light spotting in the very beginning around 7 weeks with both of them, but it was only for a day, and after an u/s I was reassured and carried on like nothing ever happened. After losing our little one in Dec/03 and now being pregnant again, I find all kinds of things to stress about. I'm growing too fast, I'm not big enough, I have light cramping, I've stopped cramping, I feel movement, then I don't for a few days, it's a never ending battle of concerns. I hate being paranoid so I'm trying really hard to just mellow out and let God be in total control. I don't think I live in a city where you can rent dopplers--that sure sounds cool though, I'm jealous. I have an ultrasound on June 16th, so that will be really awesome. At my last doctor's appointment, we heard a heartbeat loud and clear and my doctor said she could hear the baby moving around like crazy yet I didn't feel a thing--that was really reassuring. I also go my triple screen blood test done, and after stressing about that for the past two weeks, I got great results back and it looks like our baby is very healthy, no down syndrome or spinabifida. Anyway, things are progressing along very well, and I, for the most part am very happy!

Adriana

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2004 - 9:38am
Hello everyone,

Well I just hit 26 wks...almost to the 3rd tri. Things are going well for us. Just had our glucose test yesterday (don't worry it isn't that bad) and will get the results tomorow at my regular dr. visit. Pretty soon we will begin going for our appts every two weeks, I can't believe that I am almost 7 months along!! We have already had our big u/s and opted not to find out the sex of the baby! So we just have to wait and see!

Otherwise things are pretty uneventful, and I like it that way just enjoy feeling all kinds of kicks these days!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Hugs

Sabrina

EDD #1 9/13/04

Pages