June 7 - new mommies Roll Call

iVillage Member
June 7 - new mommies Roll Call
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 12:13pm

I know Alexeev is still with us (that's where you MUST post update on you and Diva Lucia) but do we have any other grades lurking? Come out come out, we want to here your updates. You are inspiration for all of us and we want to know how PAL babies are doing! How are you coping? How's figuring out feeding/sleeping "schedule" coming? Any words of wisdom for us? We treasure each success story, so give us more!

Any new (or just ANY - Alexeyev) pics of your little bundles of joy? Congratulations again on your new arrival and tell us MORE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-07-2004 - 8:56pm
I know! I know! I gotta figure out how to post pictures! I keep meaning to do it! But my hands have been a bit full lately! But, I *will* post the pictures! I will! Oooop. Just heard a little whimper out of the Diva! Soon the cow shall have to be milked!

Diva is doing very well. She's pudging up nicely! The breastfeeding is going well, but boy is it complicated! I had no idea! More whimpers! Gotta run!

Alexeyev

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2004 - 11:50am

Hey Alexeyev!

Glad to hear you and baby Lucia are doing so great. Are still calling her Diva sometimes or it's the sing of the past now? And figure out that camera already! I know mine is not working properly (had to be grateful to IL for given us present of old model which is not supported anymore) but i just connect it and go to my computer and copy/paste or move pics on my hard drive. NO special software needed. Then i edit (ha that's like once in a lifetime that i do have time to do THAT) in ms picture editor (comes with operating system). I am sure you can figure out the way to share your happiness with us (or better MAKE beloved to do that)

I am sorry to hear that bf seems complicated for you. I bf both my boys (till 10 mns and 1 year) - just don't mock me with superwoman stuff again! I found it to be sooooooooooo convenient easy cheap and simple NO WAY can you convince me to do bottles. I am hear for you to answer ANY questions you might have and there's bf board and women there are so choke full of knowledge it's unbelievable. I chat with couple of them in cl chat and they know EVERYTHING from start-up advice to what meds are safe and what are not. Take a look if you have a chance and if you don't feel like posting your questions here (i completely understand) just e-mail me through my profile. I should have some time on my hands now till my little lady decides to make her appearance (i am so sure that NOW when everyone can't wait to meet her she will torture us by staying till 39 - 40

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2004 - 10:54am

I haven't figured out how to download, but I subscribed so I can at least post the pictures I already have on my pc!

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2004 - 1:02pm
Alexyev, she's beautiful! What a great head of hair! My Emily was bald as a cue ball until she was about 2, which had its own charm but I'm hoping this next one has a little more hair to start off with.

Hope the bf'ing and the sleeping and the keeping-track-of-what-month-it-is are going well...

Kate

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2004 - 1:17pm

OH OH OH What a CUUUTIIIIIEEEEEE! And what a gorgeous hair! Alexeyev! Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations again on your little bundle of light!

PS i just LOVE those first days when they "sit" all curled and don't control their head yet - so adorable!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2004 - 8:52pm
Hey - I'm still hanging out here too. The playgroup is pretty slow moving, and plus there are several soon to be mommies that I'm still keeping an eye on here! Sam's doing so well - already up to 13 lbs! I have new pic's posted under the 8wk + folder, feel free to check them out.

He's still eating on demand, anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 hours apart. Breast feeding is wonderful, but the pump scares me. I know I need to get him used to a bottle before school starts this fall, but it just sucks because it's so tedious and he isn't going for it at all.

But, gotta run. Catch ya later!

Misty Dawn

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hippyass_wedding/my_photos

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2004 - 9:00am
Misty Dawn,

Holy %$&#, has it really been eight weeks?!?!?!? You have no idea the shaft of fear that strikes into my heart... it seems like you just had him about 20 minutes ago, and if time is flying that fast for me watching other people have babies I can only imagine how much faster it will seem when I have this one! Yikes!!!

But Sam is gorgeous, I love how he's starting to develop some pudge. My DD got big enough that she looked like she had screw-on hands and each thigh had not just one but three thick creases on it. Just too sweet, I love a good healthy baby!

I know you're not seeking advice, but I'll just share my experience with DD... the lactation consultants and nurses all told me to wait until at least 10-11 weeks before trying to pump and bottle-feed, so we did - and Emily never once took a bottle, she was just not interested. Now I know that some of that has to do with the fact that I was a SAHM until she was 17 months, so we didn't try very hard, but still it was frustrating. With this one I'll be back in school one day a week when the baby's about 8 weeks, so it'll have to take a bottle, and we'll start trying a little earlier this time...

Anyway, best of luck to you, and hopefully I won't be sharing my birth story for another 8 weeks or so...

Kate

EDD 8/22/04

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-10-2004 - 7:36pm

Lucia thanks you all for the compliments.

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique