New here..just found out I'm pregnant...

iVillage Member
New here..just found out I'm pregnant...
Mon, 06-14-2004 - 2:20pm

Hi! I'm from the TTCAM board. My dh and I have 3 kids 12, 10, & 5. I m/c'd in Jan of this year (I was

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2004 - 3:04pm
Hi Danielle,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I have 3 children too and m/c'd at 5 weeks the beginning of March and got pg again right away. I have been a nervous wreck, but I am thankfully 14 weeks 3 days today! I hope you can relax soon and enjoy your pregnancy. Take care and congratulations again!

Ann 12/10

http://s494.photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2004 - 3:24pm
Welcome Danielle, I remember you from TTCAM !!!

You need to learn to take one day at a time. It is really easy to freak out over the smallest things, including the things that didn't bother us much in previous pg's - but they are HUGE now!

In fact I just called my OB last week freaking out about a pain. Turned out it was just round ligament pain, which I had pretty bad with my 1st pg but never called the doc about it. LIKE YOU being scared over cramps, which is very common in the 1st trimester of pg. In fact, from what I understand in my readings, they call them cramps until we're about mid-way through, then they call them Braxton Hicks. As long as there is not any bleeding with the cramps (bleeding w/o cramps - usually ok too) you should be fine. (I've already spotted twice this pg, others here have had a lot of spotting & pg still going strong.)

HOPEFULLY your OB will do something for you on July 6th to help you believe you're really pg. I was able to get an u/s at 6w & see a hb & that really helped (mine was actually to check on a cyst, I guess pg can make them grow faster). Every subsequent appt thereafter has been a great lift in believing I'm pg. But I've been lucky & my OB has given me an inoffice u/s until a hb could be detected at 12w.

Also keep reminding yourself your body as seen this through 3 times already, it's capable of doing it again.

CONGRATS!!

SBV's!!!

Bonnie (15w2d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2004 - 3:38pm
Hi Danielle

I remember you from the board!

Congrats on your pg! I,too, worry about every little cramp -but then I worry some more when I don't get them. We'll probably never be able to relax till our babies our born. When I was pg with my 13mo old I ran to the bathroom every time I turned around cuz it felt like AF was gonna show- throughout the entire pg!

If it would make you feel better to have the betas done, why not just ask your dr to order it up. He shouldn't be against it knowing your history and if it gives you peace of mind, then all the better.

I hope you feel better soon!

Cyndi

edd 2-16-05

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2004 - 6:33pm
Danielle-

Glad to see you over here! Congrats again. I'm so happy to see another grad joining us. I completely understand the worrying every time you wipe. I've been doing the same thing for the last few weeks. I even had to "check" once when hiking with the dogs because I was sure something was happening. Luckily it was just my imagination. I've started wearing pantyliners all the time. They seem to make me less "wet" and then I haven't been as worried about it. Good luck & keep us posted on your progress!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/5/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2004 - 7:53pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome and comforting words! It means more to me
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2004 - 11:46am

Danielle,

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2004 - 2:42pm
Dani!

I'm so glad to see you over here. Welcome! I'm trying to let go of the fear. Every day I thank God for letting me be pregnant one more day. I will NOT let fear rob me of my joy! Easier said than done, but when I start to worry I stop and say a prayer thanking God for this strong little one inside me. I will be much more at ease once I see that beautiful heartbeat!

Kether

Kether Married to Dave (12-6-2003) Mom to Liam (1-23-2005)