new here, reluctant to join...scared to

iVillage Member
new here, reluctant to join...scared to
Mon, 06-21-2004 - 12:33pm
get excited. I just took a pg test yesterday and found out i was pg again only 2 months after my miscarrage...i have a 4.5 year old daughter and found out i was pg in march with number two..i had not clue that a miscarriage would happen to me... i had no problems with fiona, it didnt even occure to me. Then at 8 weeks i started spotting...they sent me for a ultra sound to see if everything was ok and it was heartbeat strong..sac looked good...next day i miscarried...it hit me like a ton of bricks...I am 38 so i have that against me as well...Even so they said that odds where in my favor because i had seen the heartbeat and then less than 24 hours later i lost everything...im really concerned and hope that i can get over this fear and enjoy this pregnancy. I have call my dr to see if they can take some tests or something. I have a newish dr and they dont see you until 9 weeks...i just missed seeing them last time by a week...i am waiting to hear back from the advise nurse, or i may need to find another dr...i cant just sit and wait for 7 weeks to see someone..ill go crazy

thanks for listening

moira
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2004 - 12:12am
Hi Moria,

I'm newly pg too. I had my daughter 2 yrs ago next month. Also no problems or complications. I even had a vaginal birth. So when I miscarried back in Jan I was devasted. Now 4 months later I'm pg and excited but scared. Today I saw the Ultrasound nurse. I'm 8 weeks. I saw my dr right away when I found out which was 2 weeks ago. She wanted to see me to make sure everthing was ok since I had a m/c. Plus during that week they had me come in for a b/p and urine check. Their really on top of it there. It puts me at ease. Some dr's see you at 12 weeks some at 8 weeks. You might want to see if you can find someone through recommendations of friends or just for your sanity call around to see who can see you at 8 weeks or earlier.

I wish you all the best. I know this is cliche but try not to freak out too much. If you need to chat feel free.

Jenn

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2004 - 10:41am
thanks jenn,

i actually got in to see my dr for 7 weeks...guess due to previous mc...also doing blood work tomororw and a u/s in two weeks...so they seem to be a little more on top of things this time around

thanks for your response

ill be lurking around

mo
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2004 - 1:10pm
Anytime Moira. If you need to talk just shoot me a note.

Jenn

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2004 - 11:58am
Oh Moira,

I would go insane waiting until 9 weeks! I m/c at 8 weeks last time too, but mine was a blighted ovum so there was nothing in the sac when they checked by u/s. This time my doc did bloodwork at 5 weeks and u/s at 6 weeks and 11 weeks. I would change doctors if I were you, 9 weeks is too long to make you wait, esp after you've had a m/c.

Just my 2 cents,

Dawn
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 10:38am
Welcome to the board! Congrats on your BFP! I hope that all will be well with this pregnancy and you are holding your little one early next year!

HUGS,

Lynn

27 weeks

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 11:27am

Moira,