NEW!! Only 4 weeks but nervous!!!!!

iVillage Member
NEW!! Only 4 weeks but nervous!!!!!
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 6:56am
Hi there! I just found out from my doctor that I am 4 weeks pregnant yesterday. I started spotting on Sunday and still am having brownish discharge. I know, I know, it's probably implantation bleeding and I shouldn't worry. As we all know after a loss it is hard not to worry. I have only had one miscarriage but it stills gives me cause for concern. He put me on Progesterone suppositories which I am suppose to start today. Any feedback on those? Do they work? Also, how long can I expect the spotting to last? I will be on the March 2005 expecting board but there isn't one yet so I thought I would start here. Thanks in advance for all the input. I also have a 3 year old daughter named Kalynn. BYE!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 8:34am
I know what it's like to have a miscarriage then become pregnant again. Think positive thoughts. That's what I'm doing. As for the suppositories I don't know. The best thing you could do is talk to your OB about them. Same with the spotting. I've never had it so I can't help you there. Good luck and I hope everything turns out okay. I'm due Feb. 17th and I still can't believe that I'm pregnant.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 10:25am
Congratulations on being pregnant again! You know, when you have had a previous m/c worrying just comes with the territory. I think I worry less the farther along I get into my pregnancy. I was put on progesterone suppositories as soon as I found out I was pregnant. My progesterone was 7.5 and they like it to be around 20. But don't worry, I am in my second trimester now and my progesterone went up to 12.5. My doctor also told me that they usually give progesterone to women in the first trimester to be cautious whether or not they have low progesterone. So, don't worry, it will all work out. Congrats again!

Renee, Soon-To-Be Wife to David and Mother to Elliott and Oliver

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 10:43am
Hi, welcome to the board! I hope your spotting will stop soon. I had some brownish spotting on the day that my AF was expected (4 weeks along--14 DPO) but none since then. I didn't have to take any progesterone supplements but I know lots of ladies here did.

Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

Lynn

DS #2 edd 9/19/04

27 weeks

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 11:36am
Congrats on your BFP!

I know, we all say "don't worry" as if it's even possible! Good luck to you, take care,

Dawn

EDD 1/2/05
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 11:37am

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 4:04pm
Go ahead and worry - I haven't figured out any possible way to be pregnant after a loss and NOT worry! But don't panic, bleeding is so common in the first trimester for any number of reasons. I never even thought about it, much less experienced it, with my DD, but with this pregnancy I had light spotting starting at 5w and had 3 episodes of very heavy bleeding in the first trimester. Never got a satisfactory answer about why it happened, but the moral of the story is that I'm now at 31w and doing fine, and the baby's doing fine as far as I can tell!

I have not used progesterone supplements, but many women here have - they can't hurt, and I can't imagine a doctor would prescibe them if they weren't known to be effective for at least a good segment of the population.

So, best of luck to you, and hope you're here for many more months!

Kate

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-27-2004 - 10:43am
Hello there! I just wanted you to know I know exactly how you feel. I had a miscarriage last year around this very same time. I wasn't really even ready to try again, this was a big surprise! I'm very nervous also, although I haven't had any bleeding, every cramp or weird feeling worries me.

I've been to the doctor three times already since I found out, he's been checking my HcG levels to make sure they're going up. Right now they're saying I'm due around March 1st, but that may change after the ultrasound!

Lets stay positive together!!!!!

:)