How did you Guys do it???

iVillage Member
How did you Guys do it???
Thu, 07-08-2004 - 4:55pm
Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new here. I would first of all like to thank everyone at this site for comments and encouragements. It has really helped me in my difficult time. I have 2 questions. 1.) Did anyone experience any difficulties giving birth due to preeclampsia (hight blood pressure during pregnancy) That is unfortunately how my baby died-my placenta tore away from my uterus.

2.) I am planning to get pregnant again soon-I've read how some women got pregnant again right away...how did you ladies do it. I mean I know it's not guaranteed, but if I can do it on the first shot-all the better! It is like my life's mission now to have a healthy, happy, bouncing baby.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. And I cannot begin to thank you ladies enough!

-Rachel

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2004 - 9:20pm
Hi Rachel,

The first thing I would do if I were you (and thinking of trying to conceive again) is to buy a great book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It's in paperback. I think the author's name is Toni W...?? I learned so much from this book. It will give you lots of insight into the world of fertility and how you can maximize your chances of getting pregnant.

My baby was conceived with IVF (in-vitro fertilization). In fact, this is the second time we have been successful with IVF. I lost the last one at 12 weeks.

I have also tried many cycles of IUI. All of these procedures are explained in this book. (You might not need any of them). But, there's lots of great info. that you could benefit from.

Best of luck with whatever you do. And btw - I conceived this child just a month after the D+C from the m/c before.

Rosemarie

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 9:38am

Rachel,

Toni Weschler's book is fantastic.

Eva

Lucia (5/10/04) & Tique

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 3:06pm
Hi Rachel,

I went to this site that a friend sent me: http://my.webmd.com/content/pages/4/1719_50089.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348} and then concentrated TTC efforts around the dates the calendar said and it worked for me.

My SIL had preeclampsia with her 1st DD. They induced labor 6 weeks early b/c they were worried about her having seizures and when she delivered they noticed the placenta was starting to tear away so she was VERY lucky they induced her when they did. Her doctor told her that she didn't need to worry about it happening again with future pregnancies that it usually only happens with the first pregnancy. But there would be a concern if she had a future pregnancy with a different father for some reason. Of course this is all second hand information but maybe you can confirm with your doctor what the risks are for it reoccuring.

(((HUGS)))

Tara

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2004 - 3:27pm
Hi Rachel,

It took me a lot longer than 2 months to get pregnant after m/c, but I can tell you some of the things I did differently the month I got pregnant.

1. Started acupuncture (I went the week I ovulated and 2 weeks after that) and found I was pregnant the following week.

2. Started trying 2 days after period ended and every 48 hours after that (used the predictor sticks to confirm ovulation)

3. Used Pre-seed (sperm friendly lubricant, that can help the little guys to survive longer) every time we tried.

I read all the books too, but those were the things that worked for me.

Good luck, I hope to see you back here soon with a little peanut inside of you.

Amy

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-10-2004 - 11:20am
I cannot tell you guys how much your advise and caring has helped me through this tough period. Thank you guys again.

-Rachel T.