Grace Esther 3/6/05

Angel 1/10/04

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2004 - 10:12pm
Hi Heather,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)

If there is one thing I know for sure, it is how hard it is to keep calm while hoping a pregnancy will remain viable after a previous miscarriage. You are doing the absolute best thing you can -- talk/write about your concerns and your worries -- I believe it is far better to vent then to internalize all the stress and worry and have it possibly affect your baby (not that it does for sure, I just cant help but think that if you are stressed out, it probably does not help the baby -- but I am absolutely NOT a doctor!).

All the other great things that everyone tells you to do during pregnancy also apply -- keep yourself healthy and active, as per your doctor's guidelines, eat nutritionally valuable food, get a lot of rest and drink the recommended amount of water. You will be so busy doing all this that you wont have time to worry! :) Right!

My first two pregnancies both resulted in miscarriages for unknown reasons and I was devastated. We are now in our 30th week of our third pregnancy and everything is looking fantastic. It does happen! Please keep posting here at this website -- I know you will find all the women here to be extremely helpful and comforting, as I have.

Congratulations again, and I really look forward to hearing all about your fantastic progress through this pregnancy!

Chas

edd 9-22-04

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 10:41am

Heather,

First congrats on your BFP! Just thought I'd let you know I'm right there with you. I think we are very close in due dates. I got my BFP on Sat at just 10dpo. EDD is March 22nd. My B-Day! I haven't called to make an appt. yet. Still kind of nervous. When is your EDD? Try and stay positive..will get through this together.

Good luck and sticky baby vibes!!!

Lilypie Baby Days
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 11:12am

Chas and Melissa,

Thank you very much for your responses.

Heather

Grace Esther 3/6/05

Angel 1/10/04

Lilypie Baby Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 12:54pm

Heather,

I live in College Park! What a small world.

Lilypie Baby Days
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-18-2004 - 2:32pm
Heather,

Hello. I am very new to these message boards. (this is my first post). I read your posting and I was relieved to hear of someone with feelings like mine. My last pregnancy was earlier this year. My OB doesn't do ultrasounds till 12 weeks. It was at that point that I realized that my baby didn't make it. I had all of the normal pregnancy symptoms. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and got my OB to agree to an ultrasound next week. I have never been so scared. I even have nightmares about it. I talk myself in and out of pregnancy symptoms. It is helpful to share some of these feelings, because it is hard for others to understand. I had to have a D&C with the last pregnancy. I pray every day, that if this little one doesn't make it that things will work out on their own. I don't know what I will do if the ultrasound is bad. Three of my best girlfriends are all pregnant right now, and we were all due within a month of each other--so I haven't had a lot of girlfriend support. I felt it was unfar to burden them with these feelings. I am thankful to you for listening.

Angie

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 10:54am
Ok...

Should have read this post before I posted a new discussion! If you read it, you will notice that we are in VERY similar situations... although I have only told my best friend yet. DO NOT want to tell family, it was hard enough telling them I had m/c last feb.

I know EXACTLY how you feel. It is also good to know I'm not the only one having these concerns. My DH seems in denyal right now, won'T even talk directly about it. You can be sure that I will talk to him as soon as I can... I really need his support on this.

As for ultrasounds... I haven't even called my OB yet and won't until Monday.

My EDD is for March 26th.

Gabie.

BFP#1 after 16C.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:52pm
Dear Heather,

I'm sorry to say, but usually they won't test until you've had multiple m/c's, that is unless you INSIST, and maybe you'll get somewhere with your doctor. I've had 3 m/c's, my last in February of this year and I'm pregnant again, 4 wks, 2 days (very early). I had every test done (only after my 3 losses which I'm sorry, sucks, because they ARE hard to go through and obviously the person who set that guideline is either a man or a woman who has never had a m/c, IMO) and everything came back normal so I'm putting myself out there again, and I'm as scared as you are, trust me. What you need to do is calm down as this is the very worst thing for you and your baby, about the only thing in your control. I don't know how old you are or your situation, but if you really feel this strongly, try calling around to other doctor's offices and see if you can find someone who will get you in sooner and/or listen to your concerns. Please, please, PLEASE try to relax, although I could have swatted those who also told me that last time, but now I know they were right. Do what you have to, to protect this baby, ok? We have to hold hope in our hands and have faith that this will be different this time. Take care, Dusty
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-24-2004 - 11:39pm
Your concerns are natural. I too am new to this board. I had a hunch in Feb things were wrong and demanded an ultrasound. I was right. The baby had died somewhere around 9 weeks. My first ultrasound at 6 weeks showed a healthy baby with a hearbeat. I think your chances of miscarring after seeing a heartbeat is 3% and of course I wondered why me. This time my ultrasound at 6 weeks showed an empty sac but at 8 weeks there was a healthy live baby with a heartbeat. You can imagine the tears I shed over the two agonizing weeks. Of course I am still nervous since we saw a heartbeat last time and will continue to be nervous until I give birth. Try and hang in there and I wish you the best of luck.

-April

EDD 3/4/05

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2004 - 4:05pm
Heather,

Do you think it's worth asking for them to test your HCG levels? I can see where they would want to wait for an u-sound, but getting blood drawn is easy enough and it would give you some ideas as to how the pregnancy is progressing.

Good luck, and feel free to come here and express your concerns and anxiety as much as you need to. We are all in the same boat here.

Amy

19w 4d

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2004 - 4:47pm

Amy,

Thanks for your response.

Heather

Grace Esther 3/6/05

Angel 1/10/04

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Pages