BFP Sun AM, TTRelax!!!

iVillage Member
BFP Sun AM, TTRelax!!!
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 10:38am
OK...

Got a BFP on Sunday after 16C. I had a m/c in Feb, so I am trying not to get too excited. Last time I told EVERYONE and a week later I had to tell them about a m/c. Everything seems fine, but, well... can't help but be a bit apprehensive.

Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY happy! But even DH is trying not to show his concern, not talking about it, making vacations plans as if nothing was different... I will talk to him about it, I know he thinks he's helping by not putting it "out there" (his concerns that is).

Not telling people yet. ESPECIALLY not family! Did tell my best friend, but she'll support me through thick and thin, really need her!!!

Thanks for listening!

Gabie

BFP #1 July 18th, C16, m/c at C10.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 11:22am
Gabie-

Congrats & welcome to this board. We are always happy to have people join us! I understand about not telling anyone yet. This time we didn't tell anyone until we had made it past the 9 week mark (when we had the m/c last time) and after we'd seen the heartbeat twice on u/s. It was still pretty early-but figured we were ready to tell. Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 12:44pm
Hi gabie -

i'm from the March expecting board. I have taken 3 tests, all of which are positive and i have an appointment tommorrow w/ the ob/gyn. i'm about 4 weeks and 5days. i had a miscarriage in march at 6.5 weeks. i am trying to be excited about this pregnancy and have been trying to be careful. i even stopped exercising, waiting to continue once i'm over at least 10 weeks. if i make it. i'm so nervous and worried and i really want this one to stick around. DH hasn't even accepted it yet b/c he doesn't want to get excited. last time, we didn't even tell anyone yet and i miscarried so bascially it happened before we shared the news. this time, i will not wait, and annouce after i get the beta. i tell myself, if i think positively than maybe it'll be ok.

i am right there with you!!! hopefully we can help eachother relax.

kaye

edd 2/25

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 8:18pm
Thanks Kaye...

I'm 4 weeks and 4 days... can't be much closer than that!!

Nice to know I'm not alone in this situation. In a way, we know we aren't (alone that is), but it makes a big difference to be able to actually share this with someone who understands!

See, the problem is that here (Quebec/Canada) I don't even see my OB/GYN before the 12 week mark! When I call, I'll go in to fill in all the papers (work related, etc.), they'll give me everything to get the necessary appointments (bloodwork, u/s, etc.), and lots of brochures and stuff. I'll ask to have an appointment sooner since I had a m/c, but I'm pretty sure it won't change a thing.

As for DH... I talked to him about it, he admitted he doesn't want to get too "involved" yet... told me he'd be more receptive in a month or so. :( You stopped exercising? Really? I usually go biking, walk and/or jog atleast 30 minutes 5-6 times a week... I admit that I haven't been doing as much (only walked 20min, today, slowly!) I' REALLY tired!!!

Btw, your edd must be 3/25... mine's 3/26 (up to 29...depends on conception day!)

Gabie