Time again, 2nd tri mommies sign in here

iVillage Member
Time again, 2nd tri mommies sign in here
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:00pm
Now that the 2nd tri is upon you, are you feeling more confident in your pg?

Are you feeling movement yet?

How about showing? If you are...likes and dislikes of maternity wear.

How are you preparing for your future arrival?

List the wonders of your pg.

What is the craziest thing you have heard re pregnancy?

Chrissy

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:41pm
CONFIDENCE:

I sort of felt more confident when I entered the 2nd tri, but I feel much better now that I'm over 20w, knowing it will no longer be a mc, but preterm & 'they' will do everything in their power to keep my little one alive.

MOVEMENT:

I'm not really sure when I started to feel movement. I questioned them when I had, but at my last u/s I could feel my little girl & then see the movement on the screen. Now that I know it's her I feel her a min. of 3x a day.

SHOWING:

Uggh, am I showing! I started showing the 1st week of pg! My 1st pg I had borrowed clothes from my LARGER younger sister. I felt frumpy all the way through. So I was sort of excited when I sent everything back to her (she's due 8/15) b/c then I HAD to buy my own clothes. I ran out & bought a bunch of smalls. Lo & behold I've gained like I've never gained before & now my smalls are too small !!! I'm waiting until I take my trip to my home town at the end of August & taking back all her clothes.

PREPARING:

Not yet. I think the reality of it is just sinking in. But my mom arrives Thu with 2 suitcases of girl hand-me-downs (she'll take our boy clothes back to my sister). I think this is going to be a big milestone weekend.

WONDERS:

It is amazing how different one pg can be from another. I don't think I've had one common thing between my 1st & current. Even the ligament pains are different! My boy is an angel, makes me a little scared to see what's going to come out of me if everything has been so dramatically different so far.

CRAZIEST TALE:

That your feet can grow & stay that way.... huh, why???

Bonnie (20w3d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 5:11pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 5:19pm
I am finally beginning to feel like I will hold a baby in my arms once again. Although I get to have fun with my cervix, ptl, and the meds, I have BTDT with dd and know in my heart my little guy is just preparing me for those sleepless nights, which I am CRAVING!

Oh yes...Cole has found a wonderful trampoline in my bladder.

Def showing, although carrying very low. I have outgrown some of my shirts already, not because of belly, but BOOBIES, omg-they are alien creatures. Went from a 36c to a 38-40dd!

We were given an almost new crib yesterday, as for purchases, I have been buying diapers for a few weeks (one pack a week) and then saving the reciepts. We are also preparing for a "great room swap" -ds will change into dd's room, which is smaller, and dd will bunk with Cole when he is born.

That after all of the heartaches, I still have enough stamina to carry on and know that I will love him unconditionally. It is something you don't see fully until the baby is in your arms!

What is the craziest thing you have heard re pregnancy

I always get tickled at the ol "If you raise your arms above your head the cord will wrap" (why???) Also that if you "have heartburn your child will have a head full of hair!" -I guess mine was really bad and burned all of ds hair off cause he was born bald!

Always,

Chrissy and Charles Coleman Leo "Cole" edd 11.20

Chrissy

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 6:35pm
Here I am, 16 weeks already! :) I'm just big enough to not fit in any of the bigger clothes I own, but swim in maternity clothes (is there anything good to be said about maternity clothes? LOL!) So now I'm doing the ol' rubberband around the top button of your pants trick (it gives me a couple inches) My friends assure me I actually look pregnant now, not just like I'm on an eating binge.

No movement yet, I can hardly wait!

I got to hear the hb today at my 16 w appt. That's always great. My DS (3yo) had to come to the doc with me and was alarmed by the noise that the baby made through the doppler. He keeps talking about how loud the baby is. :)

I got the triple screen blood draw and I'm scared about that now too.

Good luck to everyone,

Dawn

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 9:21am
I am currently 14 and a half weeks.

Now that the 2nd tri is upon you, are you feeling more confident in your pg? Yes definately

Are you feeling movement yet? I think so. This is my sixth pregnancy, so I know what it feels like. It is just so soft right now.

How about showing? If you are...likes and dislikes of maternity wear. I have been showing for a while now. (6th pregnancy) I love the new maternity clothes they have out now, they are so stylish. I like how they are form fitting. I love the pregnant belly and love to show it off.

How are you preparing for your future arrival? Well we already have 1 DS and 1 DD so we have stuff for both. We are planning on buying a new crib and bassinett though. And this time we aren't finding out the sex until the baby comes, so that will mean lots of baby clothes shopping after the baby comes! YAY!

List the wonders of your pg. Besides for bieng tired sometimes, I feel GREAT! I can't even believe it! I lost 8 lbs (which didn't hurt trust me) and I wasn't even sick! I know you couldn't tell by looking at me, but, I definately have lost it since I got pregnant. Now I have a sneaking suspicion that I will have gained some by my next appt in a week.

What is the craziest thing you have heard re pregnancy? Don't mess with a pregnant women and her food. I don't seem to have this problem. I have not had morning sickness, but I haven't been obsessed over food either. (at least not yet!)

Sharee

EDD 1/16/05

Edited 7/21/2004 9:40 am ET ET by graysky4d

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 11:43am

I am 18 weeks tomorrow and I go for my u-sound today, so I would say, if all goes well after that, I will start to feel more confident.

Not yet, I can't wait!!!!

I am just starting to show now. Maternity clothes tend to be a little big right now, so I feel like I am trying to look pregnant when I am not. I have been able to find reasonable things for low price, so no complaints yet.

Well, we got a dresser, crib and cradle from my aunt (it was her son's 21 years ago). She is moving so we had to take everything last week. I would have preferred to wait to have that stuff in the house, but at least it's all here now. I have picked out the baby bedding, but haven't ordered anything yet. My mom has started buying clothes, which she just revealed to me a couple of weeks ago : )

Hearing the heartbeat, and then hearing the baby move as I am listening to the heart beat. Just thinking about how this little human being is growing inside of me is amazing to me.

Can't think of anything right now, although I'm sure there has been plenty.

Amy

17w/6d

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 1:20pm
Will be 19 weeks at the end of this week. I am feeling more confident as each week passes by, but I still pray hard every day that everything goes well.

I have been showing since 12 weeks. My belly has gotten a lot bigger in the past few weeks and I know it is just going to continue to grow, which is fine with me. The only dislike about maternty wear is that it is difficult for me to find items that are not tight, I really do not like the tight look.

We have been looking a items for the baby's room, but will not getting it ready until next month sometime. I have material purchased to make the bedding, I just need to clean so I can get to my sewing machine.

My next appointment is next week Thursday (7/29). I have an ultrasound before I see the doctor so I am hoping for a health baby and I am hoping we are able to see what the sex of the baby is.

Beth

EDD 12/18/04

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 2:01pm

Hi! Yes I'm well into second tri and feeling great! As every wk passes I'm more confident but still feel as if at any moment it will all be gone and I'll be left empty again. But at 6months now things are looking up.

I started to feel movement on the day I hit the 16wk mark. At first I was unsure I thought no way could it be? Then the next day even more movement and so it has continued. The first move I felt wasn't like the butterflies we expect it was a kick and within a wk my DH and DD not only could feel it but also see my belly moving. This is what I was waiting for.

I'm definately showing but not too big yet. When its hot I prefer sun dresses.

Haven't done much to prepare just saving money and getting the word out that were having a boy so some of my friends and family who have had boys are handing down some thnigs to me.

No real wonders in this pg except the pg itself and each day I feel movement.

I've not heard much re pg nothing weird anyways.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 2:31pm
Hey all! I'm at 22.5 wks now...yay!

Yes, though I guess I just worry about different things. I worked with multi-handicapped kids for 7 yrs, so I have seen what can happen and have to remind myself that those kids are RARE...

Yup, have been since about wk 15, even though this is #1 and I'm overweight. I would only feel it when I was sitting just right at my computer. Now I feel it all times of day, anywhere from just above navel level to waaaaaayyyyyyyyy down low...are those weird rumbles in my groin (TMI) the baby kicking my bladder? That one's weird. DH hasn't felt it yet, though.

Yes and no. I was overweight to begin with, so I'm just beginning to look a little rounder and not just fatter! If I wear maternity tops, yuo can see it, but a t-shirt doesn't. Bottoms are tough, since I need plus matn'y, but I've been getting reeeeeally big sizes instead.

We are starting to get the room cleaned out, but it was painted previously. DH wants to wait until Aug. to register or to get anything significant. I dunno why - guess he figures it's a jinx to go too crazy. I understand, but I wanna get going! ;)

The whole thing is pretty bizarre, but I love it! :)

Tammi

11/20 #1 (lil fish - I think boy but won't know 4 sure...)

~*~ 9/03

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 6:15pm
26 Weeks Sat!!!!! Woo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!

Yep I am so close to 3rd tri that I dont uasually worry exept if I don't notice him move for a whole day.

Yea I just don't seem to feel as much as with #1 or 2 maybe cause I am always soo busy with them I don't take the time to stop and feel him.

I have been showing since 10-12 weeks and luckily my mil works for a Dr. whose wife just had a baby and I got some nice maternity clothes for nothing. I have some clothes that stretch but they just make me look fat and since I have lost 9lbs then only gained back two so far I want to look pg not fat. Dresses are my fave.

So far I have nothing but a regestry and some bids in on e bay for clothes I am hoping that Family will help out with the big stuff because summer is tough for us.

Ummm well everything!!!!

Any old wives tale lol.

Heather baby boy #3

Richard?

edd 10/31

Pages