Heck, whole board roll call!

iVillage Member
Heck, whole board roll call!
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:07pm
Ok...it's time to get this place hoppin, I have some energy and am feeling a bit better about things today.

Please take a minute and share!

Name:

Edd:

Angel date(s):

Best thing to happen today:

Your fave color:

Your inspirations:

Share something unique about you!

Always,

Chrissy and Cole edd 11/20

Chrissy

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:23pm
Lynn

EDD ~ September 19th-20th

Angel: September 30, 2003 (D&C October 1st), due April 26, 2004

Best today: Visited with a friend & her DD, and watched our kids play in the lake

Fave color: probably red
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:29pm
Bonnie

Baby Girl: 12/05/04

~ii~ 10/11/03

BEST THING TODAY:

I just finished a website the customer service rep didn't really care for. The customer e-mailed the customer rep & said this website is better than she ever imagined & her entire family is just estatic about the site.

COLOR:

I have never had one.... All earthtones.

INSPIRATIONS:

My mother for raising 5 children on her own & you would never guess we were poor & none of us are in jail or starving. Instead only 1 has drug/alcohol problem which is under control enough to hold a job & do the things he wants. The other 4 are married, having children & own our homes.

My younger sister. After having 3 mc in a row she continued to try to start her family. I think if it were me I would have taken a much longer break than she ever did. She is now on her 8th pg & her 4th child will be born in a couple of weeks.

My older sister who left an abusive husband of 10 years with her 4 children. She is now remarried to a man who could not be better to those children if they were his own.

UNIQUE:

Both my dh & I work from home. I am self-employed while he works for a large corp. This allows our child(ren) to be raised in a comletely unique family situation. I am still the primary, as I work PT only, but I think our children will have a good relationship with their father, something neither dh or I ever had.

Bonnie (20w3d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 4:48pm
Name: Laura

Edd: 2/6/05

Angel date(s): 3/04

Best thing to happen today: Lance got the yellow jersey!

Your fave color: Today it's yellow. (But usually it's green)

Your inspirations: So many people-but what comes to mind today (can you tell) is Lance Armstrong. After reading his book you find out that he's a normal person like everyone else (and is frequently an ass like everyone else & wasn't afraid to show the world that side of himself) but had the strength to turn a bad situation into something to grow from. I also loved the stories he told about his wife going through IVF. I think it would have been very easy for him to skip over all that she went through to give them children. I always think it's good for awareness for celebrities to be open & honest about these struggles.

Share something unique about you! I was the 1st girl to play on a competitive hockey team in my entire state when I was 10 years old. (Now they have entire girls leagues-I think I was born 20 years too early.)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 5:09pm
discussion title: Heck, whole board roll call!

emoticon:

message #: 41118.1

date: 4:07 pm

replies: 4

next message>

next discussion>>

Ok...it's time to get this place hoppin, I have some energy and am feeling a bit better about things today.

Please take a minute and share!

Name: Chrissy

Edd: 11/20/04, but probalby more like 11/1 for birthday

Angel date(s): 12/95 at 15.5 weeks

9/25/03 at 11.5 weeks (cystic hygroma, trisomy 18 and turner's syndrome)

12/03 5 weeks

2/04 5 weeks

Best thing to happen today: I woke up, LOL and it wasn't 100 degrees until an hour ago!

Your fave color: I love greens and blue based reds

Your inspirations: My momma, who raised us alone and always had room for more, she took in "strays" and although we didn't have alot of money, there is plenty of love. My kids, for their amazing outlook- a leave can fall and they are amazed!

Share something unique about you! I am terribly outgoing and lack the little button that tells you to hush up at times *giggle*...was infamous in basic training (yes I was in the army!) for the amount of push ups I had to do thanks to my mouth!

Chrissy

Chrissy

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 5:50pm
Good for you, Chrissy... wish I had some of your energy! You could toss a little of it toward NH if you have a spare moment...

Name: Kate

Edd: 8/22/04 - but likely to go sooner

Angel date(s): 10/21/03 with D&C (found out on 10/3/03)

Best thing to happen today: Bedrest lifted at today's appt - I can get out of my house!

Your fave color: The pink of my 4-year-old's cheeks right after she wakes up.

Your inspirations: My 13-year-old sister, who has muscular dystrophy and keeps her spirit so strong... my husband, who is so smart and sweet and doesn't really recognize it... my unborn child, who has gone through such a tough pregnancy and is still hanging in there.

Share something unique about you! I'm a forensic psychologist who reads about serial killers for fun. I once planned to enter the FBI and become a profiler, but that job requires me to travel about 48 weeks a year and keep a gun in the house - not conducive to family life. So instead I assess and work with people in the criminal justice system after they've already been caught.

Thanks, this is cute!

Kate

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 6:34pm

Name: Beth

Edd: 3/11/04

Angel date(s): 12/23/03, 3/19/04

Best thing to happen today: I got to leave work :)

Your fave color: garnet red

Your inspirations: Strong powerful women

Share something unique about you! I'm incredibly shy. It's even hard for me to post, but I try to do so often.

Lilypie Baby Days

EDD 3/11/05

' target=_blank>

<a href="http:/

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 7:02pm
Name: Lynne

Edd: sometime in early March. I have another u/s 7/30 should find out them.

Angel date(s): Nelyn was born very healthy april 7, but died of whopping cough/pertussis April 25, 04 18days old

Best thing to happen today: not much didn't sleep well last night and that made me sick with morning sickness & had to take a anxiety pill too...hate days like this

Your fave color: royal blue, sky blue, really just any blue

Your inspirations: my children, knowing how much they care for me

Share something unique about you! I take black and white photos and I've done about 10 wedding for friends and family! (I take color too ;-))

lynnesiggybyruby1.png picture by bluebox5

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 9:17pm

Name: Rhonda

Edd: 02/02/05

Angel date(s): 09/10/00, 11/25/03

Best thing to happen today: Kisses from my little 3 year old Caden.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 9:32pm
Name: Holly Wynn

Edd: October 3, 2004

Angel date(s): August 30 2003

Best thing to happen today: Found out i only gained a half a pound at doc visit (12 days since i been there last though)

Your fave color: Green/Blue

Your inspirations: my Son Matthew he's 2.5

Share something unique about you! I can't really think of anything right now, Unique anyway.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-21-2004 - 10:26am
Name: Gabie

Edd: end of March-05

Angel date(s): No other child... yet!

Best thing to happen today: Slept EXTREMELY WELL! Will go kayaking a bit this afternoon.

Your fave color: Blue... like the sea.

Your inspirations: My mom. She almost lost me at birth. Had a second child 2 years later. Also, a friend of mine. She got pregnant and found out the egg was "empty", had to have it removed. HCG was still up so went back to the doc. Had another in a tube. Had to have chemo to remove it. Discovered she had endo to top it all off! Had to go on the pill continuously. She had her final treatment at the end of June (after 3 months of chemo), lost 60% of her hair (Thank god she had a lot!). When I told her I was preg, she was ecstatic! (I had a m/c in feb) Told to call her regularly to check in... a TRULY great friend!

Share something unique about you! Hummmmmm... I don't really know! I am a high-school teacher, nothing unique there... I love what I do and can't imagine doing anything else! I love kids, I love teaching, I have been doing it now for 8 years and can't believe it's been that long! SO... please, DON'T notice the typos! (Nobody's perfect!)

Thanks, this was fun!

Gabie

Pages