New and Scared

iVillage Member
New and Scared
Wed, 07-28-2004 - 6:33am
I am coming over here from the TTCAM board. I was there for 7 months after losing my baby in January. I did not have a regular cycle and ovulate until May. So after three months of charting and TTC I find myself here and very afraid. I can't help but over analyze every twinge or cramp. I have been searching the internet to find anything to reasure me that it is possible to have a healthy baby after a m/c. I am sure all of you felt that way when you came onto this board. I am not joining the expecting board because it was devastating when I had to leave the last one. I may join after the first Tri. Does anyone have any reasuring facts for me? I was wondering last night what the actual chances are of m/c again? I had a HCG & Progesterone test yesterday and I will get those results sometime today. I am praying that my progesterone is more than 20. My level was 10.9 with my angel. If it is low this time my Dr. will give me supplements.

Thanks for listening!

Julie

3w6d

edd 4/7/05

iVillage Member
In reply to: bergers930
Wed, 07-28-2004 - 10:26am

Hi Julie,

I don't have any facts or numbers but I can offer support. I try not to think about the negative but to have a positive outlook that everything will be ok with this one. Will you get to have an early u/s? GL and I'm here if you need to talk.

Lilypie Baby Days
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
iVillage Member
In reply to: bergers930
Wed, 07-28-2004 - 9:40pm
Julie,

I don't know the stats of succesful pregs after a m/c. However, I do know several people who have healthy babies after a m/c. The doctor also seems optimistic because I've only had one m/c. Anyway, bcause I already have one child I have the knowledge that I am capable of having children. I do get anxious about every twinge, and I still check for spotting every time I use the bathroom. I know I felt like I was bleeding up until about week 6. I responded to someone's message above that I am nervous because I don't have a lot of symtoms these past couple of days. I am nervous because it took me a week to take my Prometrium because I have trouble taking meds. Anyway I try and remain optimistic that I will see the heartbeat again at my next u/s next Tuesday.

I know what you mean about being on the Expecting Board. It's devastating to leave. I look at it now, but I don't want to worry anyone who has not had a m/c by posting my concerns. They all seem so happy!

Do you know much about Progesterone and m/c? I had gone to a family doctor for my other 2 pregnancies and they never said anything about low progesterone. I go to an OBGYN now and I think he said my levels were a little low at 16. I will ask him next week what number he had told me and what the numbers mean. I was so nervous at that appointment because I knew I was going to have an u/s that I didn't manage to ask one question. Does everyone who has low progesterone have a m/c? Going to a doctor that prescribes meds, including prescription (rather than OTC) vitamins is a new experience for me.

Alicia

EDD 3/6/05