2nd trimester mommies how are you doing?

iVillage Member
2nd trimester mommies how are you doing?
Fri, 08-06-2004 - 10:52am
I guess I can say I am officially in the 2nd trimester. I had my drs appt yesterday and it went well. Heartbeat was 130 and a bit hard to find at first so I was a bit concerned about that, though I don't know why. I'm thinking BOY as DS was almost always 140 and under (we would be happy with either a boy or a girl, but I would LOVE another boy!). My due date was moved up 4 days so I'm 14 weeks now. I'm about 11lbs less than I was when 40 weeks pg with DS, so I plan to be a bit more careful with what I eat, and try to exercise more.

Susan

edd 2/4/05

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2004 - 11:23am

Congrats on making it to the second trimester, Susan!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2004 - 12:26pm
I guess I'm going to consider myself in the 2nd tri also now that I'm at 13w5d. Amazing how different the posts are during this phase. Some of us are still hoping to feel something & others are being used as punching bags. Very exciting phase I think. (I hope!) My energy level is not recovering as quickly as I expected. I get worn out from doing the littlest things & love my naps. DH has been great & actually makes me feel like it's ok to be a big giant slug & nap for 1 1/2 hours a day after sleeping 11 hours at night. I think I'll bring up my serious sleeping habbits to my doc & just make sure I'm all ok. But DH has also gotten me to go for a hike or long walk every day. So I'm not a complete slug. I go in again on Tuesday for yet another u/s. I'm starting to feel a bit like I'm abusing this privledge-but he just keeps saying, "let's look again in 2 weeks just because it's fast & doesn't cost anything..." Who can resist that? Not me! Belly rubs to all!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6/05

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-06-2004 - 11:26pm
Doing better this week, boy that period where you sometimes can & sometimes cannot feel the wee one is nerve wracking!!! Especially when it's right when BH starts coming in hard & often.

But she's kickin around pretty good & now I'm starting to the the BIG PG ailments. I just went to the doc yesterday for chest & back pain. He told me it's most likely acid, even though I don't feel or taste that acidy stuff & the pain is mostly in my back & running down my spine. So I'm on Tums 5 times daily & so far it's going pretty well.

Today there was a drastic drop in temps. None of the pants I have are comfy. All my wintery stuff is actually my little sisters & so I'm awaiting my trip to visit my family to collect those again (she's going to give birth any day now). Therefore I've changed my pants 5 times today & nothing seems comfortable enough to go with the bloat!

How's this ... During my 1st trimester I was absolutely certain I was pg with a girl. I've had 2 u/s techs tell me it is a girl & ever since I've been told it is a girl it just doesn't feel right & now I swear it's a boy??? Can I just not believe my luck that I get my ever desired boy first followed by my ever desired girl? At this point I look at girl clothes & just not interested. I look at girl toys & don't see them belonging in my house. Maybe I've just gotten too used to having a boy around that a girl just seems strange? As it turns out I have not purchased a single item.

Hoping to get another u/s so I can do some shopping! (Really hoping it is still a girl & my gut it wrong -- my dh would be so hurt now if he found out he still was not getting her after being told by a tech he was going to have a dd.)

Bonnie (22w6d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng