2nd tri exhaustion? (m)

iVillage Member
2nd tri exhaustion? (m)
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 5:42pm
Oh, wow, I am bushed! I'm fifteen weeks tomorrow - where is that second trimester burst of energy? I haven't felt this tired all pregnancy, whew! There is no getting any work done today, I'm just sitting at my desk trying to pry my eyelids open. Anyone else even more tired in the second trimester than the first?

Of course, the snoring doesn't help. No, not DH, MINE! Oh, gosh, my snoring is bad already, but when I get pg there is no hope. I don't know how the kids (who cosleep with me) stay asleep. DH moved out of my room long ago because of the noise (*blush*). But it's waking me up now. ugh. There goes another yawn!

I'm going to go maternity clothes shopping tonight. I am not looking forward to it - nothing ever fits, I end up in tears when NOT pregnant, imagine how I'll be when I'm so emotional! Wish me luck. I am in the last pair of pants that (barely) fit and I can go to work in. Most of my belly is under my ribs, the lower belly still isn't all that large. I look rather misshapen, so I think maternity clothes might help explain my disfigurement for the moment. I know eventually I'll look more pregnant than bloated, LOL.

Anyways, I don't pop in all that much, not as much as I would like. But, thought I'd sign in under second trimester! Whoopeeeee! Still haven't seen the doctor - my appointment is scheduled for next week, we'll see if they keep it this time!

Katherine and Tomato edd 2-2-05

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 6:24pm
I remember being exhausted around 15 weeks, too. I think that's when the baby grows a lot, and I remember waking up thinking my stomach looked REALLY big, and I was tired for about a week, like REALLY tired. So maybe the baby growing and fatigue correlate. It seemed that way for me!

I was buying maternity pants around 9 weeks, so 15 weeks is a perfect time! And I've just had to go out and buy bigger maternity pants! My Gracie is probably gonna be big!

God Bless you - hope you feel less tired soon!

-Jill

Grace EDD 12/2

Jill and Grace
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-09-2004 - 7:30pm
Katherine-

I think I got a momentary burst of 2nd tri energy-but now it's gone again. For me I decided that it's the heat that is effecting me the most. On Saturday it was very cool & I felt wonderful. I was on my feet all day & got tons done. Yesterday it was warmer & I still had some energy-but I didn't last as long. Today was hotter & the energy quickly went away. Has it been hot where you are (you're in vegas right? stupid question!) Maybe that's it for you too. If not it could be just another growth spurt too. Hope you're feeling better soon too.

Good luck with the maternity clothes shopping too. I'm still holding out & have yet to buy anything-but am quickly realizing that I need something else to wear. Luckily I work from home-so soccer shorts have been my daily outfit. I had to wear real pants twice over the weekend & did the rubber band button trick the first night & then for church I found my biggest pair of pants that used to not even stay on & by the time I got home they were cutting off all circulation to the lower 1/2 of my body. (Not really-but that's how I felt.) Guess that's the good part about this warm weather-my shorts fit better than my pants.

I can't believe that you still haven't been in to see the doctor yet! Good luck next week. (I go in for the 5th time tomorrow at just over 14 weeks.) Hope to see you around more often.

Belly rubs!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 12:58am
I too think it has to do with the heat. I do not remember being this drawn while pg with ds. I remember having tons of energy all the way up to birth day. I cannot believe how many things I did on EDD !! In fact, my water broke - finally - while playing miniature golf. I don't want my water to break this time due to previous c/s & wanting to labor at home as much as possible, but when the time comes for you that could be an option. Involves gentle walking, squating (to pick up your ball) and a handy stick to keep your balance.

GOOD LUCK ON MATERNITY CLOTHES!!! Summer clothes are already on the sales rack (non-returnable) and I swear they do something to them so the fit nicely in the fitting room & they go all crazy by the time you get them home. My mom took me shopping for my birthday. I've worn each of the 3 outfits once, washed, as directed on the tag & not one of them fit me now. It's 99 degrees today & humid & everything I own is too tight!!! The styles are tighter this year than normal. Don't they understand we need loose fitting clothing when it's hot. There's been a couple of times I've worried about prickly heat this summer.

Sorry, I think the heat is really getting to me tonight! I'm usually in better spirits.

Bonnie (23w2d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 12:25pm
Thanks, gals! Yes, it is HOT here. It had to be over 110 yesterday, and I don't have a/c in my truck. DH gets the car with the a/c since he has the kids. I barely got any sleep last night (my kids kept waking up and hogging the bed), so I'm pretty wasted today, too.

As for shopping, well, I tried Target but it had nothing for me. It barely had anything to begin with. Old Navy didn't even carry maternity in their store. So I tried the Burlington Coat Factory where I found a few things, but not much. Actually, just one pair of maternity pants (that are falling off of me, so I am using a clip on them today), and a few shirts from the Women's section. But I did find some really cute outfits for the girls, LOL! I'm thinking I really need to learn how to sew. Is there any place out there that carries a LOT of maternity clothes, at a reasonable price, for a size 14? Sigh. I am aghast at how tight the clothes are! We're PREGNANT! Do we NEED to be slapped with how large we are getting? Hey, I really like to look pregnant (when I am, LOL), I am not going to be complaining about how large I am getting - getting big while pg is a good thing in my book. But still, there is a certain amount of body-image that gets trampled on, and us hormonal weep-factories don't need to be taunted! Sigh.

Thank goodness I work in an air-conditioned office. I never would be able to do this when I was a field biologist.

Belly pats to all!

Katherine and Tomato edd 2-2-05 Fifteen weeks today!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2004 - 4:37pm
Katherine-

Glad you're in an a/c office. 110 is miserable!!! Blech!

As for good maternity clothes I have NO idea. I'm just about to start shopping for a few things too-but I'm going to try a few 2nd hand stores. The old navy in town doesn't have maternity, neither does JC Pennys! How stupid is that?!??! We are going to Snowbird, UT in a few weeks for vacation & since there are sooooo many pg women in that part of the world I'm going to drag DH into SLC for a few hours at the mall. I would also check Motherhood. I know it's more expensive-but since Vegas is pretty warm year round they might have some good sales on the summer stuff that you can get away with for longer than the rest of us.

Good luck. And great to chat with you this afternoon. I feel like a real slacker for taking an entire hour to do nothing productive-but fun to talk & meet some fellow Monty Python lovers. :)

Belly rubs!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6