Really yucky leg pain...NEone else?

iVillage Member
Really yucky leg pain...NEone else?
Fri, 08-13-2004 - 9:35pm
Ok,

For quite a while now my right leg has been hurting from my hip all the way to my knee, and sometimes down to the middle of my calf. It doesnt feel like muscle pain at all. But holy hell it hurts. I just popped two tylenol xtra strength. It hurts more if I have been in one position for a while and then suddenly change, like sitting or leaning on one leg. It also hurts in the middle of the night when I roll out of that worn in divot in the middle of my mattress. My ob thinks I just need a new mattress. I cant remember doing anything to my leg to make it hurt like this. No falls or weird twists or anything. Could it be sciatic nerve pain or something? Boo-hoo it hurts!

Any help would be great.

Cassie
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2004 - 1:52pm
Cassie-

I'm sorry you're in such pain from this. I don't have any good ideas about what the cause is-but is there any way that you could get a new mattress? DH & I just got one & I can't even believe how wonderful the new one is! My arms had been falling asleep when sleeping on my side & since I knew there would be little sleeping on my back before long we finally broke down & bought one. Our old one was 'only' about 10 years old-so I thought it wouldn't make that much of a difference-but it really is amazing. Hope you find some relief soon.

Belly rubs!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 8:39am

Hi Cassie:

Does the pain, by any chance, start in the middle ofyour but and shoot down your leg... that's the sciatic pain that I've always experienced... and now at 12 weeks pg, I've been feeling similar twinges shooting down my leg to my knee or my calf...

Laurie, wife to Dennis, Mommy to Amanda & Michelle Kathryn arrived 2/11/05