In put needed...i'm really scared!

iVillage Member
In put needed...i'm really scared!
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 12:02pm
Hey ladies!

I am now 20 weeks and I am concerned b/c I don't seem very big to be having twins. I am still in the "is she fat or pregnant stage?" Has anyone had little weight gain or started to show more later? I see all these websites with the belly pics and there are women who look a lot bigger than me and they aren't as far along as me??? I have only gained 10 lbs.

I am a relatively thin person, I have been blessed to have always been an average size. Plus my mom said that when she carried me, she carried me in her back so it was hard to tell that she was even pregnant, am I just like her.

I am just so happy to be pregnant and I am ready to "show". My Dr. isn't worried, he keeps saying, just give it time. I am so afraid something is wrong. I am getting where I just want to cry, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. It's not that, I am just getting so scared that I will loose these babies too.

Thanks oodles!!!!!

Carrie B.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 12:17pm
Congratulations on your two bundle of joys!! I know you're scared right now but I want to reassure you that a lot of women don't show until later, even with twins. My best friend had twins last year and she didn't really start showing until around 26-27 weeks and then her stomach popped out overnight.

Try to relax and enjoy this pregnancy. When the twins get here, it may be the only rest you get for a while :)

Stacy

edd 4-17-05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 12:18pm
Carrie, I meant to ask you a question--if its not too personal. Were you taking any fertility meds while TTC?

Stacy

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 12:25pm
Oh no, that's ok. Yes I was on clomid and goanl-f. I have had 3 previous losses all before 8 weeks so each week after that has been a milstone for me.

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it so much!!!

Carrie B.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 12:54pm
Try not to worry. With my first I really didn't start to show until around 6 months. I never got bigger than 34 weeks even though I went 41 weeks. My mom never wore maternity clothes and she was as thin as a rail. Everyone is different. My friend just had her 2nd and she was in maternity by 9 weeks. I'm almost 16 weeks and still in my regular clothes.

Congrats on your twins.

Susan

2/4/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 1:36pm
Im only 12 weeks with one baby and ive seen pictures of women who are 9 weeks and HUGE. Im not showing at all but with my daughter I didnt show until I was almost 7 months then I just popped. My tummy isnt even hard yet. I keep worrying that something is going to go wrong also. As much as it stinks its totally normal.

Kristin

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 4:02pm
Carrie,

I am not having twins, but I am 22 weeks and my stomach has not gotten any bigger in the past 3-4 weeks. I have gained weight all around, but my stomach is just not popping yet. I have been told by several people that many women don't start to pop until about 6 months.

Try to hang in there and enjoy this phase of being not so big and more comfortable, I hear once you start to get really big, you'll wish you weren't :)

Amy

EDD 12/19

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2004 - 9:57am
Hi, Carrie! It sounds like you've already gotten lots of feedback that everything is fine and not to worry! I am 25w1d and have only gained 7.5 pounds (I'm not carrying twins). My Dr. said the same thing when I had the same worries! Your body will do what it needs to when it needs to. The weight gain and belly pop will come! It's only a matter of time, especially with 2! I really have just started showing very obviously in the last couple of weeks (so around 23 weeks). I know it's hard to wait...but once the belly's there, it's not going anywhere for awhile, so enjoy this while it lasts!!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

EDD 12/1/04
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2004 - 1:25pm

I'm so glad I saw this post!

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-19-2004 - 9:51am
hehe i am 16 weeks and i poped out like a ballon i dont even fit my reg clothes i had too go bigger because i am all tummy so be happy you fit you reg clothes it grate give it time one day you will be like wow i need new cloths and you will be all tummy witch is good in some way and bad in other like tieing your shoes the joys of being pg..:) good luck with your babys..

effort