2nd Trimester mommies - roll call

iVillage Member
2nd Trimester mommies - roll call
Sun, 08-22-2004 - 7:25pm
How are the ladies here doing? Into the 2nd trimester and I hope you are feeling great and getting a chance to enjoy your pg.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2004 - 8:07pm
Hi all-

I'm still here. I've been a little nervous lately & haven't spent much time on the boards for the last few days thinking that might help. But I just can't seem to get my mind to calm down. Not sure what I'm afraid of since I still feel about the same & my belly is definately looking bigger all the time. I think I've started to feel the baby move & the best way I can describe it is when you get frightened & have that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach. So I think I've started associating the movement with being scared. Not the smartest thing for my brain to come up with-but... So just trying to stay relaxed until I go in for my 16 week u/s on Tuesday.

I hope everyone is calmer & doing well. Belly rubs all around!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2004 - 9:51pm
Hi,

I'm happy to be here, but will be even happier when I move to the 3rd trimester. I'm pushing it as I'm 16 weeks, so I have quite a ways to go yet. Still in regular clothes, but my belly decided to have a growth spurt this weekend. Movement has been a bit more sporatic and I haven't had a good thump in nearly a week. I think I had a few flutters today, but my stomach is bothering me (food intolerance) so that doesn't help.

Laura, I think what you are going through is completely normal, or I hope it is since I'm going through the same thing. My silly mind works overtime! LOL. At least you get to see your doctor every 2 weeks and get great news, try waiting 4! I'll be much calmer again (at least for a week or so) on Sept 2nd when I see my dr and on the 3rd when I get my big u/s.

Susan

2/4/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 12:08pm
This is probably going to be my last 2nd tri rollcall. I'm not exactly sure when 3rd tri actually starts, but if I take 40/3 I get 26.66w as being the end of the 2nd. I'll be out of town next week so by the time I get back I believe I can finally officially say I'm on the home stretch of the game.

I popped 2 nights ago, big time, and now I'm really sore. But I'm also freaked out b/c I all my soreness is on the right side. At my last check up my OB asked if I had any pain on my right side I said yes & thought it was round ligament. She agreed it most likely was, but has sent me home with paperwork to get an u/s to check on my cyst. The hospital cannot fit me in until I return from my trip .... ugggh a 12 hr car trip (each way) in deserted desert .... not a whole lot of hospitals on the way. Sort of getting freaked out a bit.

My baby girl is starting really kick around. I definately could see my belly moving around last night. I cannot believe I'm getting so close finally. The time goes so much slower when you've had a mc b/c it's like you've been pg for so much longer. It's now been over a year since I first discovered I was pg & still no baby in my arms.

Bonnie (25w2d)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 12:43pm

Hi all!

I'm here, though like Bonnie, I think this may be my last time to sign in under the 2nd trimester roll call!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 1:21pm
Hello,

Doing well lately. More energy, not too uncomfortable yet. I read that the 3rd trimester starts at 28 weeks, I'm at 23 weeks, so I still have 5 more to go until 3rd trimester. Baby is moving all the time now, which is very cool. I have a regular monthly appointment this week, it feels like it's been forever since my last dr's appointment.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Amy

EDD 12/19/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 5:06pm
I'm confused about when the 2nd trimester starts, but I may be here now. I'm 12 wks 2dys. One of my books says it starts when I'm 14 weeks from LMP, but it is the only one.

Laura--when I first felt my DS move, I imagined a tadpole swimming around inside! He's now 3 1/2 and still as active as can be.

Alicia

EDD 3-6-05

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2004 - 7:14pm
Hello... I'm here too, although like Bonnie and Sarah this will be my last time posting in 2nd tri! I can't believe I've come this far, but I agree with Bonnie that the pregnancy goes by achingly slow since I've m/c'd (twice, actually). I've waited two years for this baby!

We've ordered our furniture, but we're not expecting it to come until September. DH is painting the nursery now. I completed my registry and my first shower is in Sept.... the invitations have already gone out!

I return to work next week and I'm a little concerned about the workload. My job is by no means a desk job (I'm a teacher), and already the process of setting up my classroom wipes me out. But DH says I should just do it for a while and then stop whenever I feel it gets to be too much. I'm going to try to stay off my feet as much as possible and thank goodness my classroom is on the first floor (no stairs!). Overall I feel good but as I enter my third tri I'm just starting to feel a bit more winded and it's hard to move around like before. I still exercise 3 times a week but it's getting harder! But I honestly can't complain because I've had an easy pregnancy so far. I just can't wait for the baby to be here!!!

:) Sue

12/1

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 2:55pm
14 weeks yesterday, I am now counting as second trimester. I am starting to get excited - I never thought I'd get here. Believe it or not, I think the fatigue is worse now than it was 6 weeks ago, but maybe it was just that the nausea was more on my mind then. ;)

Amy
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 3:17pm

Hi all,

Ok, I'm going to OFFICIALLY put myself in the 2nd trimester now--- 14 weeks today---yea!!! I'm still having that stupid brown bleeding from my placental tear (residual pool of blood), but baby is completely unfazed---strong h/b everyday. Hope this trimester flies by for all of us!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2004 - 10:23pm

HI there Ladies,

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow.

Pages