Registered this weekend!

iVillage Member
Registered this weekend!
Mon, 08-30-2004 - 5:46pm
Hello,

DH and I went to register this weekend for all the "baby stuff" and it was just so exciting and overwhelming! We started in the Feeding section, had no idea what to get for bottles, no idea about breast pumps etc, then we got to the monitor section and had no idea there either.

Finally when we got to Stollers there was someone to help us, but wow, so many decisions that are all so important.

There are also so many things you could get, but don't really know how necessary they all are. Swings, bouncers, activity centers....

Anyway, just wanted to share an exciting milestone for us!!! I never thought I would get to this stage!

Amy

23w 5d

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2004 - 6:25pm
Congratulations!!!

Registries are so fun!You're more than half way there!

Dorothy

9-16

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2004 - 6:45pm
Yay, Amy!! Congratulations on registering! Isn't it fun?

Just a tip-- I found it helpful to have a friend who had just had a baby come register with me. Since you have already gone, maybe someone could look over the registry and give you feedback.... it helps you feel better about your choices and not be so overwhelmed!

:) Sue

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 9:47am
Congrats Amy! I remember that exciting time with my DS! In terms of registering, I would go ahead and register for everything because you can always return it and get something you find you need.

I do have a swing reccomendation... the FP Ocean Wonders Swing... or any of theirs that swing both front to back and side to side... my DS never liked the front to back motion of most swings but loved the side to side! It also reclines alot and so can be used with younger babies.

At minimum, a bouncy seat or something to put the baby down in, is a necessity, especially if you are a SAHM... you'll never get a shower otherwise!

Sissy

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 11:55am
Amy, How exciting I went last week and I agree it is overwhelming. Luckily I had a helper I took my SIL. She was a great help. She has 2 toddlers so it was great to have some help. I took DH to Baby's R Us with me a couple weeks ago so he could pick out big stuff like bedding and crib he had more fun looking at the toys. We are getting closer. Are you getting nervous. I am!! I am so unprepared, I finally last week just bought my FIRST item and it wasn't even anything he can where everyday, I bought a snowsuit type thing I had to it was so cute. Good Luck!!!

Alicia EDD

12/12/04

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 4:49pm
Alicia: I wasn't nervous until I went to register and started to pick things out, now I'm getting nervous!

Thanks for the tips, I hadn't even thought that I could always return things - that makes perfect sense. I took some things off, but I am going to add them back on!

Sue: I had a girl at work review my registry (she just had a baby last December), and she definitely had some suggestions of things to change. I'm glad I ran it by her, I would have had no idea!

Thanks,

Amy