do you want to know what your baby is?

iVillage Member
do you want to know what your baby is?
Mon, 08-30-2004 - 7:37pm
well we desided we did not want too know what ower baby is but from the looks of the u/s when i went in too the er i looks like a girl but not sure so were are still geting unsex colors just in cass because a friend was told she was haveing a girl and she went out and got all pink and guess what it was a boy lol but i was just woundering too like just chat about something good for once.. any thing in my book is good as long as it is healthy!

effortless

dob 1/28/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2004 - 10:49pm
My husband wants to know more than I do. So we will have the ultrasound and if the baby is willing we will know and if the tadpole is unwilling then it will be a surprise. I think we will keep everything neutral just in case. Sept 28th can't come soon enough though. I can't wait for another ultrasound.

Denise

edd 2/19/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 7:34am

I kinda want to know... but I don't want to tell anyone and DH says that I won't be able to keep it from my mom, so I said I would just tell her and he thinks that she will tell everyone else what it is...

We were surprised with my DD and it was awesome not knowing!

Laurie, wife to Dennis, Mommy to Amanda & Michelle Kathryn arrived 2/11/05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 11:07am

Yes, we want to know!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 11:21am
I would love to know-but then again-I don't want to know. Know what I mean? So we have decided that we aren't going to find out & told the doc last week at our 16 week u/s just in case he saw anything not to tell us. He laughed & said he doesn't like to tell anyone. He said that there has to be some good surprise at the end of going through L&D & that was to find out the sex of the baby. So he wasn't going to tell us anyway. Good thing we said we didn't want to know hu? But I've definately been feeling like it's a girl for the past several weeks. Not sure why-but hard for me not to say "her" all the time. Either way I'll be thrilled!

Belly rubs!

-Laura

#1 EDD 2/6

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 1:07pm
We want to find out the sex. I found out the sex of my DS and it's a good thing he was a "he" because that's what we'd been calling him during the preg. This time around my DS is sure we are having a girl and wants a sister. I figure if we find out, it will give us time to convince him that brothers are exciting too.

It's funny but family and friends want me to have a girl. It would be nice, but if we don't have a girl, I'll adopt one later. I tell them if it's not a girl they'll have to complain to my DH since his donation determined the sex!

Alicia

EDD 3-6-05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 2:33pm
that cool everyone some time knowing is cool but not knowing is good too DH thinks this one is a girl he all ready has a girl i dont care what the baby is but my 17 u/s kinda showed a girl and everyone thinks it is but i told them never know because the little boy parts could just drop down and serprize guess what wrong color my mom wants too know but i all ready told the ob's i dont want anyone too know haha let see there faces now right..

my mother is like mouth of the south she would tell the hole area what we are haveing and if it is a boy she will run away and not want anything to do with me she dont like boy i dont know why i have not told my grandmother i am p/g yet that is scary or my reg dad he dont know eather

i like to know because of the m/c i really want too know and something tell me know i dont we will have too see because cant do much if thay just show it off right..:P of course i never go to aptas by ower selfs we always got my mom or his mom or the nab or my adopted mother or someone with us so if sone see something we dont then guess what big mouth will tell everyone lol parents can never keep anything too them selfs..

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 3:48pm
I still not sure if I want to know or not. one day I think yea I do then the next I think nop I'll wait. I go in for an u/s next Wed, I'll only be 14 weeks and I really don't think that we'll beable to tell. I guess we'll wait 'til the 20+ week u/s to decide.

I'm so confused about it,

Lynne

3/10 or so

lynnesiggybyruby1.png picture by bluebox5

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 4:57pm
We decided not to find out. We want to be surprised and I know several people who found out it was a girl and then had a boy. That would be my luck to get all pink things and then have a boy, so we're waiting. I went back and forth a little bit as the u-sound got closer, but DH was fine with not knowing, so we decided not to. I can see the pros and cons either way!
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-01-2004 - 6:55pm
We found out and I love knowing! I was getting so sick of gender neutral clothes! ;-) It was very obvious at our ultrasound what we were having - we knew it was a boy before the tech told us! He was spreading his legs and showing his stuff! We can now call him by his name and can buy things that are more geared toward him, rather than "the baby."

hugs,

ang

23w1d