I'm 15 wks and out of breath already!

iVillage Member
I'm 15 wks and out of breath already!
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 12:28pm

Here I sit, at only 15 wks, and over the last couple of days I've had the feeling like I can't take a deep breath and just feel a bit breathless. My belly feels "stretched out" too (from my navel and up), pretty much like the feeling you get when you've had too much to eat and you feel like your belly is going to burst! Well, it feels like that. I tend to carry pretty high and I look more like I'm 5 months rather than almost 4 (probably because this is my 4th child!), so I don't know if my organs are being pushed up earlier than usual and pushing on my diaphram or what. Does this make sense? I just feel uncomfortable. Sheesh, I remember feeling like this at 7 or 8 months, but.....barely 4?!! Yikes! I have a doctor appt tomorrow, so we'll see what he says. Anyone else have this sensation?
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 1:00pm
I'm just over 13 weeks and noticed that when I was speaking w/ my MIL last night, I sounded like I was out of breath. This didn't happen w/ my first pregnancy. In fact I never felt heartburn, out of breath, etc. My 2nd preg ended at 11 1/2 weeks so I'm not sure how far my body got w/ stretching. I'm finding my stomach is tightening up and aching a lot more too and I can't eat a lot of food in one sitting.

What I find strange is that I'm over 20 pounds lighter at the beginning of this preg than I was with my son. I thought since I'm lighter that I wouldn't experience these symptoms this time around.

Let me know what your doctor says about it. Unless I have more bleeding, I won't see mine for 2 weeks. I'm curious to know if it will get better or worse as the preg progresses!

Alicia

EDD 3-6-05

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2004 - 6:42pm
I've also been having a hard time breathing for many weeks now. I can't remember exactly when it started, but I'd say around 15w or so. I'm shocked because I expected it quite a bit later! It's all the time - if I don't lay down in a perfect position (whatever that is), when I walk, talk, clean, etc.

hugs,

ang

23w - BOY!