No patience in Target

iVillage Member
No patience in Target
Sat, 02-06-2010 - 11:34pm

When I was pg with Katie I was able to laugh off most of the stupid things people say. For example, when I was about 5 months pg with Katie, a cashier said, "Oh, I see you are trying to walk that baby out!" I smiled and said, "Oh,no, it'll still be a while!"

Yesterday morning I went to Target to pick up some stuff. I walked past a couple and a well-dressed 50ish year old man exclaimed, "You're not going to deliver that baby in here, are you?" I have him an exasperated look and loudly said, "God, no! I have at least 3 more months!" He said, "We'll I was worried- the way you rubbed your belly." I gave him a dirty look and kept walking. Seriously, has they guy never seen a a pregnant woman rub her belly before? If I was in labor, wouldn't I go to the hospital or something? What an idiot.

Anyone else lost patience for stupid people who should keep their mouths shut?

Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

family

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-07-2010 - 10:35am

I have been pretty lucky that I haven't had too many stupid comments yet, but I still have a couple of months. I do have one woman at work that never says anything to me except, "You're so big!" Geez, thanks for reminding me. Of course, she's been saying this for months, even when I was just barely showing. Nothing makes you feel beautiful as a preganant woman more than being reminded that you're as big as a house...

Erica

during pregnancy

Photobucket
baby

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 2:32pm

When people tell me, "Wow, you're so big!" I want to say, "Thanks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-09-2010 - 4:28pm
Bekah was high up in my ribs, and I can't tell you how often I had DCFS clients, or the judge ask me if I was okay or if I was having contractions.
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Check out my Blog - Bekah Jo's World : http://bekahjosworld.blogspot.com/
<9.27.08 Siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 9:33am

people feel like they can say whatever they want to you when you are pregnant...the filter completely turns off and i am not sure why...

i haven't had too many comments yet, but i know they are coming.

when i was pregnant with DS, the number of people who would tell me how huge i was everyday got really annoying.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-16-2010 - 11:58pm
Ugh, people can be so insensitive!! When I was pregnant with my daughter people kept telling me that they couldn't even tell I wasn't pregnant...even at 8 months along!! I'm not sure if they thought they were giving me a compliment, but all I kept thinking was, "So am I just fat then?" I also had a coworker (someone I rarely talked to and didn't know well)
Lauren Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 3:03pm
Lauren- I have heard of other people asking if a baby is planned.